DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spanish tourist who will visit the United States with DJI air2s, consult about B4UFLY & AIRCONTROL (Drone already registered, I have the trust made)

Jesus9755

Reactions
I don't know if this is the right place in the forum to ask this, if so I apologize.

I have two questions:

I would like to know if you can answer a question about flying with drones. I am Spanish, I will visit Miami in February as a tourist, I have a DJI Air2s, a recreational flight, I already have it registered and I have TRUST, in Spain we have many restrictions and even so, I see in the B4UFLY app that there are many areas of Miami where can fly without problem (respecting any permanent or temporary restrictions that may exist and without exceeding 400 feet/120 meters). The reason for my email is to check if when the permission to fly appears as in the screenshot I am sending you, first question: is it correct to fly? In Spain it is unthinkable to fly in most cities and I am surprised that in the USA there are fewer restrictions and that is why I write in the forum, can you confirm if this is the case? In areas such as "Little Havana" despite the restriction requested Laanc approval by "Air Control" and it is authorized, I understand that it is correct to fly also based on the parameters of the flight for which you have requested authorization, second question, is that so? Thank you very much and a big greeting from the south of Spain!!! and sorry for my english

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231228_202312_B4UFLY.jpg
    Screenshot_20231228_202312_B4UFLY.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Cafguy
I have infrequently requested LAANC and got response quite quickly...less than half hour....you might want to reference this FAA information on LAANC

And your English seems better than a lot of Americans' 👍

Reactions: Jesus9755
I have infrequently requested LAANC and got response quite quickly...less than half hour....you might want to reference this FAA information on LAANC

Many Thanks Mark!

Good morning Mark, according to the screenshot I attached, when the green notice comes out and that you can fly, it is allowed, when it is a controlled space I request authorization from LAANC and if it is positive, I can fly. It's right? Thank you so much

You do have to make sure that there are no local laws that do not allow you to fly in certain areas ( parks, etc.) and that you are not in any National Parks...you will be near the Everglades in Miami...so you do get permission from FAA to fly in controlled air by obtaining a LAANC...but other prevailing regulations do dictate that could prevent you from launching, controlling or landing in an area ... @Dale D , I believe is familiar with the local regulations in that vicinity

Hi Mark. I recently read that there are local laws that can prohibit takeoff or landing of drones, thank you very much for the confirmation, in Spain there is a single state-level body that controls the airspace, there are no local laws that regulate the airspace or takeoffs. or landings, that's why I had the doubt. I do not want to break the laws of your country and always fly with the utmost respect and in compliance with the law. Thank you very much for the clarification!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne