DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling to Guatemala

Reactions
Hi I will be traveling to Guatemala in March with a DJI Mavic Mini for an Engineers Without Borders project. Does anyone have experience with getting the permit for taking a drone through customs in Guatemala? Any advice, experience, or who to contact? Thanks

If no one comes back to you here, this is the official airspace page for drone requirements . . .

It is in Spanish apparently, but I managed to get a reasonable translation from google automatically.
It does look a bit short on info.

Try this one updated Dec 2019 . . .

And a search here revealed this thread from Dec 2019, a Member going to Guatemala just this January, so you might be able to tag him or send a message by conversation tab. (You only have one post, not sure conversation will work for you yet, better to tag him in this or the other thread.)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi I will be traveling to Guatemala in March with a DJI Mavic Mini for an Engineers Without Borders project. Does anyone have experience with getting the permit for taking a drone through customs in Guatemala? Any advice, experience, or who to contact? Thanks
I am headed for Guatemala in a week, but have not started looking into this. I'll be in Antigua and Tikal. Apparently Tikal is a no fly zone, but I hope to do some in the Antigua area. If I learn anything, I'll get back to you, and would welcome any wisdom you pick up.
Dave

@daveatpdx
How was your trip to Guatemala? Any issues or details with transporting a drone I should know? What type of drone did you bring? I will also be in Antigua for part of the trip. I will bring my Mavic Mini in my backpack.

Sorry unable to help with your question, looks like you are receiving good help in the forum.
But want to welcome you to the forum from Georgia, USA. Wish you well on your travel.
As you can see, you will find plenty of helpful information and advice.
We look forward to your participation and you view of your trip to Guatemala.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121