DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling to Paris

7amanian

Reactions
Hello my dearest pilots

I am traveling to Paris and wanted to know if it's OK to fly the drone there as a am a recreational pilot.

I did my researches and all says no...

Maybe someone from France can assist or any one have info?

Thanks

Unless drone is sub 250 gram toy and without camera you need to register as drone operator.
Also unless drone is sub 250 gram, you need to pass online A1/A3 test.
Though unless drone fits to under 500 grams, you can't fly it in densely populated areas without passing A2 test.

And anyway most of cities in France are no fly zones:

Unless drone is sub 250 gram toy and without camera you need to register as drone operator.
Also unless drone is sub 250 gram, you need to pass online A1/A3 test.
Though unless drone fits to under 500 grams, you can't fly it in densely populated areas without passing A2 test.

And anyway most of cities in France are no fly zones:
Thanks alot Dear.

Hi , As said above all drones need to be registered whatever teh weight in central DB (AlphaTango)
Once done, it will be OK for all european union countries. After it really depends on the weight, if it is over 250 you need specific exam.
After you need to respect no fly zone,... so of course do not expect to fly over Paris,.... but in the countryside or small cities.. yes

Reactions: 7amanian
Hi , As said above all drones need to be registered whatever teh weight in central DB (AlphaTango)
Once done, it will be OK for all european union countries. After it really depends on the weight, if it is over 250 you need specific exam.
After you need to respect no fly zone,... so of course do not expect to fly over Paris,.... but in the countryside or small cities.. yes
Thanks alot