DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling to Turkey in January 2019

Boricua67

Reactions
Traveling to Turkey on January 2019 and I was hoping to take my Mavic Pro 2. Seems like everything I've read is saying not to bring it. Has anyone brought their drone to Turkey and what did you have to do?

Thanks in advance

They are invading Syria & at war with Kurdish insurgents. Might be sensitivities in those areas but other areas seem ok. Google drone regulations in Turkey.

Hi Fleek,

Thanks for replying. What areas are you talking about?

I have read their regulations, and that's what I'm worried about. Their laws seem pretty strict about who can fly a drone in their country.

They are invading Syria & at war with Kurdish insurgents. Might be sensitivities in those areas but other areas seem ok. Google drone regulations in Turkey.

The conflicts are more in eastern part of country & probably not near where you will go as a tourist.
There are several DJI forum threads about Turkey & drones. Probably better to be smart about when & where you fly. There is a registration process but it seems to only allow locals to register. No one reported having a drone seized.

Thank you! Really appreciate your input.

The conflicts are more in eastern part of country & probably not near where you will go as a tourist.
There are several DJI forum threads about Turkey & drones. Probably better to be smart about when & where you fly. There is a registration process but it seems to only allow locals to register. No one reported having a drone seized.

Thanks for replying. I was in Istanbul this past January. I brought my Mavic Pro2, but did not fly it.

There seems to be a tolerance for drones below 500 g but that doesn't include the Mavic Pro 2 unfortunately.
Here's the link to the official reglementation: SHGM - İHA Kayıt Sistemi

If keen to learn more, I've summed it up in a Drone Rules WorldMap

Reactions: kingJphotos
Blessings. Did you end up having to register your Mavic? If so, how long was the process? I'm traveling there in May, and I'm in the same situation you were in.

Thanks for replying. I was in Istanbul this past January. I brought my Mavic Pro2, but did not fly it.

Flying in turkey as I heard from people and friends around me are allowed in open areas don’t fly in crowded area I have spoke with DJI distributor in Izmir and they said it’s legal to fly a drone in Turkey the main issue was with buying a drone in Tureky if your not Turkish you can’t buy it because they need Turkish ID number to sell you the drone .

Traveling to Turkey on January 2019 and I was hoping to take my Mavic Pro 2. Seems like everything I've read is saying not to bring it. Has anyone brought their drone to Turkey and what did you have to do?

Thanks in advance

I bought a tello to fly there. I would not risk your mavic. I had 3 airport security all over it when I left, but all good.

Hello ,

If you have any problems with the Turkish customs or border officers we could help you with your documents for you to have a safe passage ! Feel free to email me with any questions ! [email protected]

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock