DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling With Mavic 2 Zoom

nfarruggio

Reactions
Hello,

I will flying to Europe this summer. I often read that my spare batteries need to be separated with tape on the terminals. I plan on bringing my mavic's case which has individual distinct compartments for each spare battery. Will that be sufficient or do I still need to buy the protective bags?

Thanks!

Hello,

I will flying to Europe this summer. I often read that my spare batteries need to be separated with tape on the terminals. I plan on bringing my mavic's case which has individual distinct compartments for each spare battery. Will that be sufficient or do I still need to buy the protective bags?

Thanks!

Check the TSA/FAA web sites for the latest information Lithium batteries with more than 100 watt hours

Carry On Bags:
Yes (Special Instructions)
Checked Bags:
No
Lithium batteries with more than 100 watt hours may be allowed in carry-on bags with airline approval, but are limited to two spare batteries per passenger. Loose lithium batteries are prohibited in checked bags.

Search Google for the EASA web site Dangerous Goods | EASA and search for regulations regarding the carriage of drones.

Air France has a web site link pertaining to drone batteries https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common/faq/preparing-for-your-trip/can-i-transport-a-drone.htm

Due to their lithium batteries, drones must comply to specific regulations.

If the battery power is:
  • Over 160 Wh, the drone and its replacement battery are prohibited in the cabin or in the hold.
  • Below or equal to 160 Wh, the drone may be transported in the cabin or in the hold, provided it is completely switched off. The replacement battery is permitted in the cabin: however, it may not be transported in the hold.

If flying to the UK then search the UK CAA web site.

Best practice is to purchase LIPO bags for each battery and place tape over the terminals, then place the battery in the respective bag.There are restrictions on high capacity batteries If you have a back pack then you could always place some batteries in that and some in the drone case, if that is what you use.
Bring a receipt for the drone in case customs asks you why you are bringing in the drone. Sometimes they think that you are going to sell the item.

Hope this helps.

Hello,

Thanks!

Check the TSA/FAA web sites for the latest information Lithium batteries with more than 100 watt hours

Search Google for the EASA web site Dangerous Goods | EASA and search for regulations regarding the carriage of drones.

Air France has a web site link pertaining to drone batteries https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common/faq/preparing-for-your-trip/can-i-transport-a-drone.htm

Due to their lithium batteries, drones must comply to specific regulations.

If the battery power is:
  • Over 160 Wh, the drone and its replacement battery are prohibited in the cabin or in the hold.
  • Below or equal to 160 Wh, the drone may be transported in the cabin or in the hold, provided it is completely switched off. The replacement battery is permitted in the cabin: however, it may not be transported in the hold.

If flying to the UK then search the UK CAA web site.

Best practice is to purchase LIPO bags for each battery and place tape over the terminals, then place the battery in the respective bag.There are restrictions on high capacity batteries If you have a back pack then you could always place some batteries in that and some in the drone case, if that is what you use.
Bring a receipt for the drone in case customs asks you why you are bringing in the drone. Sometimes they think that you are going to sell the item.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: ff22
I fly between Europe and USA 10-15 times a year. Mavic batteries are fine in a bag/case but each must have its own compartment. Or isolate the terminals. Don’t discharge the batteries. I have been asked to power the unit up. Also must go as a carry on.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven