DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling with Mavic Air to Florida

Fasteddie06rt

Reactions
I’ll be going to Lauderdale-By-The-Sea & Palm Beach Gardens area in March. Any recommendations for traveling with my drone thru the airports, planning on using my Dacckit case and carry it onboard with me, any concerns or tips I should know about

I’ll be going to Lauderdale-By-The-Sea & Palm Beach Gardens area in March. Any recommendations for traveling with my drone thru the airports, planning on using my Dacckit case and carry it onboard with me, any concerns or tips I should know about
You should know that no-one at the airport or on the plane will have any concern about your drone.
Just make sure that the batteries are not in checked luggage and are in your carry-on.

Reactions: Chevrev and msinger
I just took mine to Saint Pete beach. I discharged the batteries and carried it on in my case. No questions asked except TSA agent asked what was in the case before it went through the scanner. I told him it was a drone, his response was oh just checking to make sure it wasn’t a firearm.... that was it!
I’m not even sure you have to discharge batteries but I did.

Yeah, I read in other posts that you're supposed to discharge batteries, but that doesnt make sense. I carry a laptop (battery). I carry an iPad (battery), and a battery to charge my phones. Not sure why a drone battery would be any different

Yeah, I read in other posts that you're supposed to discharge batteries, but that doesnt make sense. I carry a laptop (battery). I carry an iPad (battery), and a battery to charge my phones. Not sure why a drone battery would be any different
i just flew from Hawaii to Seattle, had no problem with TSA or airlines. You should be good to go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkff