DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Travelling Mexico - Mexican Airlines Carry On Drone

eagle1

Reactions
Hi there,

i will travel with my drone (mavic pro) and 2 spare batteries so 3 in total in lipo bags
from europe to Usa and Mexico.
I am registered with the FAA, got my stickers plugged and i do not have any concerns with flying carry on to the US.

I read about the lottery to pay some fee while travelling to/in mexico and i do not know if i can take it with me carry on at viva aerobus and interjet?
On the HP i don't find any informations.

Do you guys have any experience in the last time?

BTW, how's about flying in mexico - foreigners not allowed to?
+BTW i am not going to cancun and I will travel with mexican locals, that can make things easier.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers!

The button lottery isn't to pay anything, it's how they decide whose luggage to check. This is being phased out and is already missing at Cancun and Mexico City.

I had no issues in Mexico with my Air, but of course that's far smaller than a Pro in carry-on bundled with my cameras in a camera bag.

I just flew Viva Aerobus a few weeks ago as it happens, and they were pleasantly good, and Interjet wasn't an issue either.

I've read about people being pulled by customs and having to pay import duty on some drones, I can only assume these were the larger ones, so you may want to do some research in that.

No issues flying as long as you follow the normal sensible rules.

Thanks for the info - sounds good!

With the lottery i did not mean the button - i mean that some ppl get pulled out and some not and some need to pay and some not. I hope it is just with the bigger drones but i have sth in mind there was also sb with an mavic who needed to pay around 2k pesos.

I always follow the rules - got my insurance and all the neccessary tags and of course as well i follow rules during flying.

I was there in December and nobody luckily checked my bags so I was good. As far as flying goes. I'm fully convinced that you could fly it right into a worker and they wouldn't care (joking of course). Seriously though, I saw plenty of stupid pilots flying all around guests at the resort and it was pissing me off because I thought they were going to yell at the guy and they didnt. Regardless, you can basically do whatever you want in Mexico where I was at, but God forbid you hit somebody if flying irresponsibly.

Thx! Ya i do fly also responsible and wouldnt fly around ppl and disturb (neither bring them in danger) them. It is not my first time in Mexico. I wouldn't say then don't care, rather they are more relaxed with some things, that's why it was a bit surprising to hear, that ppl get in trouble with their drones.
Anyway I do not buy the drone to let it at home, just because i am afraid of sth. I heard also about ppl who got a drone but wouldn't fly them because they scared it could fall down in the e.g. ocean. Where it is allowed to bring and allowed to fly and capture I would do so - therefor it is.
The best shots you do with the camera, you always have with you.

So short reply....nobody cared so far about the drone flying Europe to USA and also flying in USA and Mexico is relaxed. Hope it stays like that when flying with aerobus and co. keep u updated. cheers!

I will be heading to Cancun from the UK tomorrow with my Mavic in my backpack (inside the bag that comes with the combo). For the two spare batteries i have got LiPo safe battery cases... Hopefully everything will be fine!

Reactions: eagle1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa