DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Travelling with a drone vs travelling with a tube of toothpaste

SpyderSkeets

Reactions
There is one thing I just don't understand:
I have been traveling quite a bit lately, and I've been bringing my drone. As you should know, lipos must be in your carry on baggage and not checked, and I carry my entire drone kit with me as carry on baggage. Here is this pack of bricky-looking batteries, which have the potential of exploding (rare, yes. But possible nonetheless), a remote control, a drone, sharp propellers (one of my drones has carbon fiber props that could have the potential of being a weapon) and whatever else that may be in your kit and it goes through the xray machine without so much of a second look from the TSA. However, bring a tube of toothpaste that might be too big, and you're not getting on the plane unless you throw it out.
On one of my trips to California, I brought my wife a nice glass globe that has some sand and some beachy things inside and I didn't want it damaged, so I carried on and the TSA had to examine that not once, but twice! But the drone kit? Right on through.
Im not complaining though. I am glad I can bring my drone with me. But the priorities of the TSA just do not make any sense.

I have been traveling quite a bit lately, and I've been bringing my drone. As you should know, lipos must be in your carry on baggage and not checked, and I carry my entire drone kit with me as carry on baggage. Here is this pack of bricky-looking batteries, which have the potential of exploding (rare, yes. But possible nonetheless), a remote control, a drone, sharp propellers (one of my drones has carbon fiber props that could have the potential of being a weapon) and whatever else that may be in your kit and it goes through the xray machine without so much of a second look from the TSA. However, bring a tube of toothpaste that might be too big, and you're not getting on the plane unless you throw it out.
On one of my trips to California, I brought my wife a nice glass globe that has some sand and some beachy things inside and I didn't want it damaged, so I carried on and the TSA had to examine that not once, but twice! But the drone kit? Right on through.
Im not complaining though. I am glad I can bring my drone with me. But the priorities of the TSA just do not make any sense.
Agree totally.
Thay may however have a problem with the props.
I remove mine and pack in hold bag.
1st time traveling they were more interested in the blades than the batteries. I said they were fixed and didn't have tools to remove them. Passed through ok.

I know what you mean traveling back from Antigua last week they took my lighter off me I thought here we go trouble coming but nothing my drone went straight through [emoji106]

Do you really have no idea how dangerous those larger tubes of toothpaste are??:eek::eek:

Just think. You can tell the guys at work or the coffee shop that you have a drone that you've had to 36,000 ft., 540 miles per hour, and can fly for hours at that altitude. Legally. ;):D:rolleyes:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569