DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trip to NYC and New Jersey, where can I fly?

studio

Reactions
Staying close to William L Dickinson High School in Jersey City. I'm debating whether or not to take my MP. Curious where I can really fly it, I'll be there 6 days, mostly in NYC.
Thanks for any advice.

According to what I read before, NYC and surrounding areas are not flying zone which mean you can't fly anywhere there.

DF11498B-F965-4249-AD6D-177D551FB3CC.png 5BDDC72C-CF00-478D-BC13-8E89DE2CF46A.png
According to what I read before, NYC and surrounding areas are not flying zone which mean you can't fly anywhere there.
You know, my drone doesn’t even start in my area. My ******* property that i ******* paid $1000 for it. Wont start. NJ NY is heaven bro. Just a desnt make any sense. I know the law. Im not flyi g that thing. But when i have to go plan film trip and needs to prepare for the trip, i wont be able to know if my drone is properly working.

So i rooted and im free. And Still law abiding citizen who hasnt yet to fly in the red circle even though i can.

You can fly anywhere, we are surrounded by yellow circles. According to the message i get, its due to a class d airport and a bunch of heli pads. If you want, go down the hill from Dickinson, once you past the bridge, go towards Ferris High School. Got to make a right and then another right. You can fly in their football/soccer field. It's fun, just be careful. Done it plenty of times with my racing drones. It's empty now since school is on summer vacation. Happy flying!!!

You can fly anywhere, we are surrounded by yellow circles. According to the message i get, its due to a class d airport and a bunch of heli pads. If you want, go down the hill from Dickinson, once you past the bridge, go towards Ferris High School. Got to make a right and then another right. You can fly in their football/soccer field. It's fun, just be careful. Done it plenty of times with my racing drones. It's empty now since school is on summer vacation. Happy flying!!!

Is there any place along the water that is safe to fly?

Is there any place along the water that is safe to fly?

I usually go to Hoboken, NJ, right at Frank Sinatra Park, when not much people are around. Get the whole NYC skyline view. About 10-15 minutes drive from Dickinson. Or alone that whole water way(frank sinitra drive). If you drive along you will see a nice pier with a skate park next to it. Fun area as well, since it is usually empty. I would say go to Liberty State Park, but that is a restricted area for drones. You can still fly, but if a state park officer sees you, you will get in serious trouble.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu