DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Triple Blade Propeller Vs. DJI Stock Double Blade Prop | (( MAVIC 2 ) PRO & ZOOM )

if you still have those .DAT files for tests you did - like i asked above - can you post those files here?

Honestly I'm not entirely sure how to pull that and it's a bit more technical then I care to venture into. If you have to look that closely, its obviously not an improvement worth the time in my opinion. I don't see a .dat file on the SD card so I assume it requires some work to get, is it within the DJI app? I run several marketing companies so I have been looking into ways to extend overall battery life/flight time/long term battery health. 27 Minutes is great and impressive, I'm more worried about having to buy new batteries after XX amount of charges.

My experience with carbon fiber props whether 2 or 3 blades is they are unforgiving in what should be a crash that only damages the props, like inadvertently flying into shrubs. OEM props will plow in until they strike a branch thick enough to break the blade. Carbon fiber props, on the other hand, will also plow in but when they strike a thick enough branch, the blade(s) can remain intact and transfer the impact torque into the motor mount which can damage it. This happened to me with a Blade 350QX that I flew into a large Azalea bush. The resulting impact actually broke the motor mount off and left it dangling by the wires.

Nevertheless, I bought a set of tri-blade carbon fiber props for my M2Z just to try them out. They certainly sound different but I wouldn't say quieter. Hover RPM was a little higher but a straight-up full power climb out from a 6 foot hover was faster vs. the stock DJI props. It did seem more nimble but at a 100' hover there was some noticeable unsteadiness that was not seen with the stock props. It could be due to a balance issue(?) Flight time was pretty much the same, or at least not anywhere near the purported 40% increase.

After 4 flights I put them in my parts box where they have been ever since.

I like your thoughts on "break away" props versus potentially stronger carbon fiber props. The DJI props probably saved both my drone and my double pane bathroom window. Yes, after hitting the window, the window shares some scars from that encounter. The props broke off and the drone's landing was cushioned by a shrub. New props and it flew again and since with no problems.

I guess I see no reason to go with either stronger or cheaper 3rd party props. Somehow DJI built this miracle, heavier than air device that folds up and flies so they probably knew what they were doing when they developed the props, too.

Reactions: JAW
I like your thoughts on "break away" props versus potentially stronger carbon fiber props. The DJI props probably saved both my drone and my double pane bathroom window. Yes, after hitting the window, the window shares some scars from that encounter. The props broke off and the drone's landing was cushioned by a shrub. New props and it flew again and since with no problems.

I guess I see no reason to go with either stronger or cheaper 3rd party props. Somehow DJI built this miracle, heavier than air device that folds up and flies so they probably knew what they were doing when they developed the props, too.

I couldn't agree more! That sounds like a close call, glad to hear it wasn't worse.

A guy at my work swears by the triple blade props, me on the other hand rather stick with the dji props just to be safe... although my dji care refresh is almost up.....

What are these? Do they offer something better than original?
Those are carbon fiber props a lighter material but much stiffer than plastic i used them on my DJI Phantoms series but not on my mavic zoom yet.Iv been looking around for a set but haven't pulled the trigger but I'm sure I will in time...

I’m sure someone may have already commented. I’ve always been told to spread the prop blades out before starting it up. Keeps from having that big out of balance start up moment ya had. Thanks for checking the blades out, sticking with the originals.

I’m sure someone may have already commented. I’ve always been told to spread the prop blades out before starting it up. Keeps from having that big out of balance start up moment ya had. Thanks for checking the blades out, sticking with the originals.
this is what I do all the time also with my props....i seen a video in slow motion it looks like it shakes the hell out of the legs.... Definitely can't be good overtime

That's your best bet! Bummer, watching the blades fling open is always one of my favorite parts!

Well thanks because im not gonna get the 3 blade props. If dji thought 3blades would be better we wouldnt be arguing about it would we? Lol

Well thanks because im not gonna get the 3 blade props. If dji thought 3blades would be better we wouldnt be arguing about it would we? Lol
I agree, they are good at what they do, there isn't a lot of room for improvement besides waterproofing...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet