DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripletek 7 Pro

Mantrain

Reactions
I would like to save $ and buy the & Pro since it has the same Nits as 8 and is $125 less. Is that a bad idea or should I spend the extra coin for hte 8 Pro?

Reactions: Gagey52
I would like to save $ and buy the & Pro since it has the same Nits as 8 and is $125 less. Is that a bad idea or should I spend the extra coin for hte 8 Pro?
I have the 7pro. Its a great unit. The 8 pro is faster, lighter, bigger and more futureproof as it runs a newer version of android. I would probably spend the extra.

Reactions: Gary R and Gagey52

I purchased the Tripltek Pro 7" and it works fine.

Which ever one you decide to get, have a good tablet mount in the budget as the Triplteks are rugged and heavy. The antenna mount might not be robust enough to handle the stress of the tablet.

I have the LifThor Baldur 2 mount that works great.

Mavmount is another popular mount for tablets.

Products Archive - Mavmount brand DJI Mavic |Mini |Air iPad Tablet Adapter

Have fun shopping. :)

Was about to pull the trigger but I do not want to waste money. I have an Iphone 13 which already sports like 1000 nits.

What would be the real advantage of a Tripletek? a couple hundred more Nits. but a bigger bulkier device too.?

Was about to pull the trigger but I do not want to waste money. I have an Iphone 13 which already sports like 1000 nits.

What would be the real advantage of a Tripletek? a couple hundred more Nits. but a bigger bulkier device too.?

I have read that the screen may dim or shut off when it's hot outside with the iPhones. Not good when trying to fly.

I know it's a tough decision to make. I started with a iPad mini 4 and thought about purchasing a iPad mini 5, but got the Tripltek tablet instead.

Love my tripltek 7, if you have the funds go for the pro 8. Check out some of the posts here on the Pro 8, there have been a few.
Regards

Reactions: MA2 317

The Tripltek is very much bigger and bulkier but after that there is no comparison. The screen size is exponentially larger. The 1200 nits is the real thing..... iPhone can only achieve 1000 nits for a few seconds at a time and normally peaks around 800 nits. The iPhones suffer from overheating and dimming when used as a screen for long periods. My iPhone 12 becomes unusable after awhile in warm weather, dimming the screen so much I can't see.

I fly with so many different drones and flights apps.... Tripltek is the only solution that makes any sense. It allows me to properly frame video and photo subjects because of its large size. As an Android device, it gives me access to apps that aren't on IOS.

Its a tough choice. The smart controller works well for someone who only flies with one or two drones, though the screen is small and wouldn't work for me. The iPad and iPad mini are great as screens when it isn't too bright.... iPads work great when used with a hood. I do still fly with my iPhone when I need to get in the air in a hurry but only for unexpected flights where I spot something that needs to be filmed.

Last edited:
Not to go off topic.. but Thor has released a less expensive competitor to the Tripltek 7. It includes the mounting bracket and a few other goodies. Those who don’t go for the Tripltek 8 should check it out.

Not to go off topic.. but Thor has released a less expensive competitor to the Tripltek 7. It includes the mounting bracket and a few other goodies. Those who don’t go for the Tripltek 8 should check it out.
Looks nice.... especially with the included mount. This might deserve a serrate thread if you have any experience with using it.

Reactions: crlmjohnson

I noticed that as well.

Same tablet, different name. 🤔

Are there any video reviews comparing the

LifThor Midgard Pro 7 Drone Tablet to the Tripltek tablets?​

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
I just purchased the Pro 8 and am sorry I didn’t pull the trigger sooner. I was having trouble seeing the screen with my iPad mini 5 and as a result, wasn’t flying very much. Now I can’t wait to get out and fly!

I bought the 7 about 3 weeks before Christmas because it was in stock on Amazon, whereas the 8 wouldn't be available until after the first of the year. HOWEVER, just a few days later the 8 was in stock at Tripltek. I returned the 7 to Amazon, and promptly ordered an 8 from Tripltek because I wanted the largest display possible in a very bright, and it is DEFINITELY VERY BRIGHT, Android device. I was pleasantly surprised when it showed up only 2 days later! About the only thing that hasn't been pointed out in this thread is that the 8 is actually just a little bit smaller than the 7. It's quite a bit thinner which makes for an easier mount up to my MA2 standard RC, and that additional inch of display was WELL worth the extra cost. The ability to except a full TB of SD memory didn't hurt my feelings either! I had some questions about a mount, and found Tripltek's customers service to be great! I use the Tripltek "Printed Mount" (just the top part) and like it very much.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard