DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripltek arrived.

I have the Pro It works great with Litchi on my Mavic Pro Platinum, but when I try DJI GO 4 (latest version) I cannot get it to change from imperial to metric. This results in the RC conrtoller always showing ft instead of metres. After starting DKI GO 4 which comes up correctly and I can control the drone/camera etc with units in imperial, but if I attempt to change the units from imperial to metric then DJI GO 4 app crashes as soon as I select the entry point.

The problem is if I go back to Litchi or Dronelink on the Tripltek both work fine in metric but RC stays in ft for clearance, height and distance. I have tried installing older versions of DJI GO 4 all the way back to 4.1.22 all versions behave the same way.

The only way to fix the issue is to use an adroid phone with DJI GO 4 (latest as I haven't tries any other versions on the phone) and it lets me switch to metric with no problem, then the RC goes back to m for all distances. However as soon as I connect the Tripltek and invoke DJI GO4 it starts in imperial and reset the RC back to ft.

Anybody experienced this? or have any sensible suggestions?

Here are some photos of what I see, this was done with the drone indoors so not ready to fly.

Attachments

• 20210301_225329.jpg
    20210301_225329.jpg
    630.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210301_225350.jpg
    20210301_225350.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
On the subject of mounting a Tripltek 7" tablet on a Mavic Pro Platinum RC, I played with a few plastic units and the balance was all wrong, so I knocked up my own from a
little 6mm marine ply plate which fits into the phone mount section on the RC, some 1.5 mm aluminium angle to couple to the brackets on the back of the Tripltek
and an Al bracket to hold a lanyard. Balance is good, tablet not obscuring the antennas, easy to operate, wish I had a 3d printer would be easy to make, this one took me 2 hours then a bit of spray paint20210301_225614.jpg20210301_232036.jpg20210301_232051.jpg20210301_232105.jpg

pics below

20210301_225329.jpg

Hey all..... I'm pretty new to drones and also purchased the Tripltek Pro. I went out for the first time the other day couldn't see a darn thing with my samsung tablet... so I purchased Tripltek. Waaay better! Just wanted to let you know what cable setup I finally found to work for the DJI Mini 2 ..... as you already know how deep the usb-C socket is. There my be better options but I couldn't find any. I purchased this....

It is 12 inches, so a perfect length. It only works one way so the straight end goes into the controller and the 90 degrees goes into the Tripltek. It barely plugs in but works. I didn't trust it so I purchased this to extend the cable connection into the Tripltek....

This works perfectly and I used shrink tubing over the extender, cable connection.

I also have the Mavic Pro 2. I wanted a way to easily swap the Tripltek between the mini 2 controller and the Mavic Pro 2. Also I wanted a mount that would be fairly balanced with a lanyard. The lanyard hook is in a great place to keep it balanced on the Lifthor setups.
They are expensive, but high quality and solid.

I purchased these 4 items from Empire Drone. This would be compatible with old style controller to the new style controller and reversed. You check yourself to see if they will work with your controllers:)

I haven't received one part yet so I haven't tested everything yet. The only problem I can see is "maybe" not being able to fold the antennas completely down on the Mavic Pro 2 controller once assembled. I can't tell by the pictures. It doesn't matter to me because I keep everything in a large camera backpack and would never disassemble the mounts.

You might also could skip buying the Tripltek specific mounts and purchase the phone mount and the Lifthor... which I'm pretty sure will work just fine with the Tripltek. I also ordered the phone mount but haven't received yet. I will post here when I receive it in a couple days. Here is a link for that.

I feel like the Lifthor setups might not be great for anyone planning on taking off the mounts every time you fly. They are a bit of a pain to put on.

They are expensive but I think they are worth it.

One more link.... Here is a really cheap lanyard (strap) that works perfect with the Lifthor setups. I purchased one off Amazon and immediately ordered a second after testing.

Last edited:
I have the Pro It works great with Litchi on my Mavic Pro Platinum, but when I try DJI GO 4 (latest version) I cannot get it to change from imperial to metric. This results in the RC conrtoller always showing ft instead of metres. After starting DKI GO 4 which comes up correctly and I can control the drone/camera etc with units in imperial, but if I attempt to change the units from imperial to metric then DJI GO 4 app crashes as soon as I select the entry point.

I have a new Tripltek. Its fantastic..... but I did experience the same problem with the app crashing on menu changes. The solution is to set both the font size and the display size to large in the settings menu. Then everything functions normally when changing things in the DJI apps.

Reactions: PoconoJoe
I have a new Tripltek. Its fantastic..... but I did experience the same problem with the app crashing on menu changes. The solution is to set both the font size and the display size to large in the settings menu. Then everything functions normally when changing things in the DJI apps.
I also had an issue and this corrected it...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato