DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripod Mode petition

There is a decent chance DJI adds support for tripod mode, in Q2 2002.

when flying around boats when I am transitioning from the side to the front of a boat going over 15MPH. The Mavic 3 is an extreme safety hazard if you are in normal mode, especially when the speeds go over 20MPH. So the only option is sports mode. The Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom is a dream to fly around boats in normal mode as I can get nice and low and close. Nobody takes better video of boat's than I do! Nobody! so I know what I am talking about.
What exactly does the Mavic 3 do differently when flying backwards? Mavic 3 Normal mode supports 31 mph. Is it you Obstacle Avoidance use that is causing the problem? Try turning it off for M2P style performance on the M3.

What exactly does the Mavic 3 do differently when flying backwards? Mavic 3 Normal mode supports 31 mph. Is it you Obstacle Avoidance use that is causing the problem? Try turning it off for M2P style performance on the M3.
RC-N1 In normal mode when you transition from flying sideways to flying backwards, DJI decided to slow the drone down to the point that the only way to avoid the boat is to get out of the way versus with the Macic 2 that will transition so much better. I get out of the way by going sideways and up at times. If you go backwards... like I said, DJI has it, so the drone hesitates, and slows down. A safety hazard built into the Mavic 3 thanks to DJI. Luckly my drone flying skills have avoided a few close calls. Never had this problem with the Mavic 2! solution.... use Sports mode and do a better job with the controller settings that I am still configuring to get the best results. And maybe a slightly shorter control sticks to give me the same feel as the Mavic 2 controller may help. DJI sucks!

Reactions: Point Zero
I mention Autel and everyone who signs the petition should as well. DJI must get really annoyed with mentions of Autel, once a tiny sliver of a splinter in their big toe, but slowly becoming a more painful thorn in their side, that pokes at them, ever more apparent.

Before 2020, DroneAnalyst reports told a story of DJI firming its grip on the industry. While there was a small, 5-point drop in the company’s dominance last year, this year, DJI has witnessed a drastic 15-point drop in the global commercial drone market according to DroneAnalyst.

View attachment 140954

DJI’s commercial market share now stands at 54% (by units), with Autel Robotics emerging as the biggest beneficiary of the market shakeup. In 2021, Autel rose to take up a 7% market share, 4 points above any other competitor, with a product suite focused mostly on public safety and creative sectors with products similar to DJI’s.

Interesting reporting - perhaps explaining the eye watering prices we are seeing on Mavic 3. Note that the shakeup has been in the commercial sector and DJI probably isn't losing much sleep about the consumer market just yet. But having the bulk of any market is not good for us as consumers, for obvious reasons. So hopefully things continue to get shook up, and the M3 release missteps are going to add to the drama, in some way yet to be measured, if it is measurable at all. It sure LOOKS significant, but looks can deceive. All I know is, it seems DJI is putting more focus on profits than previously, and that may, ironically backfire, which is the outcome I want to see. Not a mortal blow, but for a company already said to be somewhat stressed financially (said to... whatever THAT means) - it would be sooo nice for them to look at this situation and say "Hmmm. When we offered exceptional value in products, we DID better in profits. When we pushed hard to make more, we did worse. Maybe we should revaluate!" Then they will put a charger perhaps... maybe even an extra set of control sticks in the RC Pro Package that's $1200 and comes with neither. Right about the time monkeys come flying drones out my butt. Apple might get away with this stuff, hopefully DJI and other don't succeed at these kind of incessant profit motivated everything.
What we need is more competition. Competition drives innovation and has a positive effect on pricing as well. I think Autel and Skydio are the only real competitors out there unless Sony decides to make a "ProSumer" version of their AirPeak drone, which could be interesting to say the least.....

Success, ladies and gentlemen!! :)

Great- thanks for doing that!

Dale
Miami

Any further news or update with this ?

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics