DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripod Mode Seems Fast on Mavic Air 2?

AtortPhotography

Reactions
Not sure if anyone is experiencing this, but I have owned a Mavic Air, own a Mavic 2 Zoom and had Phantom 4 Pro's and Tripod Mode on the Mavic Air 2 almost doesn't seem any slower than. Program Mode. It still seems like it is flying pretty fast and responsive and not throttled down like my Phantom 4 Pro for example. Anyone else experiencing this? Try and let me know what you think. Thanks.

Reactions: roonsie22
I was recently flying unaware it was in tripod mode.
Yeah BIG time me too. You really cannot even tell a difference. I feel like flying up and down it seems slower than left and right movements. That needs an update for sure. I am going to do a review on this guy from my experiences so far. I still cannot see a way to adjust the gimbal speed and smoothness on the Mavic Air 2....I can on my Mavic Mini but can't seem to find anything to adjust on my MA2

Agreed need all the fine tune adjustments the MA 1 had. That said I'm finding controlling this drone at default settings is much easier than the MA1. With MA1 at default, almost impossible to get smooth movements.

Agreed need all the fine tune adjustments the MA 1 had. That said I'm finding controlling this drone at default settings is much easier than the MA1. With MA1 at default, almost impossible to get smooth movements.
This is some sample footage I got, but agree the next firmware update I pray has many fine tuning updates and smart controller compatibility since I have a brand new one sitting in a box rendering useless at the moment.

This is some sample footage I got, but agree the next firmware update I pray has many fine tuning updates and smart controller compatibility since I have a brand new one sitting in a box rendering useless at the moment.

Very nice, yeah even without fine tuning you got some great shots with obvious control over the drone when moving and panning. I want the fine tuning, probably more for panning than anything else, but I LOVE THIS DRONE! Only thing I've noticed is it doesn't get up to speed nearly as fast in sport mode as the MA1. MA1 flies more like a race drone in sport mode than the MA2 IMHO.

Very nice, yeah even without fine tuning you got some great shots with obvious control over the drone when moving and panning. I want the fine tuning, probably more for panning than anything else, but I LOVE THIS DRONE! Only thing I've noticed is it doesn't get up to speed nearly as fast in sport mode as the MA1. MA1 flies more like a race drone in sport mode than the MA2 IMHO.
I bought a Mavic 2 Zoom after having a Mavic Air 1 and Phantom 4 Pro.....I got it from B&H and had it for almost a month and really never fell in love with it. A nice drone, but honestly did not like the way it flew at all. To me it flew way too fast and lurched all over the place. Wasn't that impressed with the footage either. Then I saw the announcement and heard leaks about Mavic Air 2 and literally when it was announced had like 2 more days to still be able to return it. I actually really liked the little Mavic Air 1 and how it flew....just was not great footage...but not bad all things said and done. Mavic Air 2 has 48MP raw which is pretty wild....but 4K 60fps sold me instantly. Returned the Mavic 2 Zoom and happy I did!

Tripod definitely needs to be dialed down by DJI in a future update. It caught me off guard the first time I engaged it.

Reactions: roonsie22
There is a new thread about a possible bug related to this switch and the need to recycle all three position at every flight to configure its actions.
I like having the switch and have been using it quite. I hadn't ever used tri pod before and I was pretty surprised how fast it fly's. I'm anxious to try cycling it.

On mine the switch seems to work, it does reduce the speed when I switch to tripod, but it is definitely faster than the Air 1, yes Sport Mode is slower than the Air 1.

Started with an Mavic Air last december and loving this. Upgraded to MA2 last week, flies great but i really really miss slow tripod mode! My best video was shot inside a forest, i really love slow smooth movement.

Also EXP setting is missing, the fly app is clearly a different line compared to dji go.

If there will not be an update to set EXP and tripod speed limiter, maybe we can create a physical stick limiter on a 3D-printer or something, who is with me?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu