DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripod Mode

swings16

Reactions
Hello All
One of the members was kind enough to help me with TRIPOD MODE
It is exactly what i was looking for...BUT,i couldn't find it if my life depended on it
The tripod mode will help me so very much and i spent almost an hour searching the Mavic Pro application on my tablet and it was like peeling an onion...layer after layer of info but i can not locate it in the application...i need it and want to use it to help me make changes that i would like to make on my MP
Can anyone direct me to its location in the go fly app ?
I understand that in THAT mode the MP is limited to 2+ 1/2 mph and i can see what i need
Anyone please...where is it exactly in the app ?

Thanks To everyone...i have learned much here just poking around and thanks to all

Martin/Swings16

on go4 app use your finger and drag from left side of screen for options

From your controller screen, touch the RC icon on the left. This will open the active flight modes. Tripod is there. AC must be in the air to activate. I use tripod all the time as it exceptionally smooth and for tight spaces (trees, fences at low altitude, I simply walk behind it. Check the manual though for some potential scary issues that could occur.

I have given up on the Tripod mode...i have tried everything that was suggested and still i come up short...if it is true that it is accessed only when in a flight mode i have no use for it...i was hoping that it was a mode that i could set before starting my MP up...i was interested only in flying in my apartment on a day like today here in NYC...heavy RAIN...just the idea of it flying very slowly around my place (with prop guards ON) was something i would really enjoy doing...another new thing i noticed was the fact that every flight i made since first getting my MP is the fact that every flight i made is documented in many specific ways...height,,time in the air..speed...the exact moves i made on every flight...all pictures taken..every turn or angle in flight.,,etc. On and ON..AMAZING to me...another problem i encountered was that somehow the tiny little switch (located within a very small slot on the MP that has a selection for RC or WIFI...somehow it was on WIFI and i was at my regular spot in the park ..everything in order on a beautiful day and then...on my tablet's screen the go fly app...NOT CONNECTED...so frustrated..took EVERYTHING off...put everything back...NOT CONNECTED...walked back home and cried ...THEN i checked (why i didn't check while in the park i don't know BUT it was on the wifi setting...rrrrrrr...went BACK and had fun....THAT will never happen again...i also would like to thank whoever it was who posted the fact that it is 100% legal in every way to fly in NYC parks...i can now put my HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY FLYING face on IF it ever happens...mostly people seem fascinated when i fly there..random people jogging around the track area that i fly from will come over to me and ask questions in an all good way..was always worried that i would have my chops broken before i found out that i am flying LEGALLY...Whoopeee !

I have given up on the Tripod mode...i have tried everything that was suggested and still i come up short...if it is true that it is accessed only when in a flight mode i have no use for it...i was hoping that it was a mode that i could set before starting my MP up...i was interested only in flying in my apartment on a day like today here in NYC...heavy RAIN...just the idea of it flying very slowly around my place (with prop guards ON)...
Don't give up on Tripod mode. You can launch and hover a couple feet up and then switch into Tripod before you move around. With your prop guards it is very functional indoors.
...i also would like to thank whoever it was who posted the fact that it is 100% legal in every way to fly in NYC parks...
Legal in some NYC parks.
Model Aircraft Fields : NYC Parks

Reactions: Kilrah
I will give it a shot (fly at home with prop guards) to let it hover and then locate the TRIPOD mode...it looks like fun to have the MP slowly move through space and it would give me a unique view of the functions of the camera within...i take movies and vids every time i fly and it would be of interest to me to be able to see the physical workings of the camera as i could watch and see the various modes and angles etc. that the camera has within it's power...i am interested in SEEING it in action..i almost always come close to forgetting to take the cover off of the camera when i get ready to fly...i get excited and i get ahead of myself...i must slow down and take it one step at a time...part of it is preparing the copter for flight...securing the props etc. excited to fly and at the last second...OOPS...take off the cam cover...one last thing...is it odd to anyone else that the size of the pictures taken are huge (in MB's size) huge files for what seems to be 1 or 2 mb's pictures ?

I will give it a shot (fly at home with prop guards) to let it hover and then locate the TRIPOD mode...
Actually, you don't have to leave the ground to get to tripod mode. Just start the props with the two sticks down and in, set it to tripod mode, then take off.

...one last thing...is it odd to anyone else that the size of the pictures taken are huge (in MB's size) huge files for what seems to be 1 or 2 mb's pictures ?
You may have it set to capture RAW images or RAW & JPG

Appropriate software ? I use a very fine program...AC/DC... and it serves me well (for MY needs)

I am not worried about space either..Yesterday one of our members posted a link for a 64 GB minimini card WITH adapter...$10....i can fly and shoot for weeks without running out of space on the card

It was a great deal and thanks to the member that hipped me to the sale...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview