DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble with IARCA

J2ps

Reactions
Passed my certificate exam today, yay! Since I added weight to my mini I registered it and got a pilot certificate. This was something positive I needed to do not just for flying but to lift my mood during this lockdown. ?
I'm somewhat stumped. I went onto IARCA, and enrolled myself to take the knowledge test. I was assigned a FTN #. I can't find my exam number. According to what I read on FAA website, it states, due to covid 19, you no longer need to enter your 17 digit number. You can use your ftn. I put my ftn in and, it does not accept it. At this point I camt even take the knowledge test. You have any insight on this? I called the support number that was listed, and the lady explained that I would have to take my exam on site somewhere. Once test is completed, then I enter exam number. How ever the website states the opposite.

I'm somewhat stumped. I went onto IARCA, and enrolled myself to take the knowledge test. I was assigned a FTN #. I can't find my exam number. According to what I read on FAA website, it states, due to covid 19, you no longer need to enter your 17 digit number. You can use your ftn. I put my ftn in and, it does not accept it. At this point I camt even take the knowledge test. You have any insight on this? I called the support number that was listed, and the lady explained that I would have to take my exam on site somewhere. Once test is completed, then I enter exam number. How ever the website states the opposite.
Sorry to hear that. I’m in Canada and used the drone management portal to pay for and take the exam with no problems. Perhaps another member can answer this issue. Good luck!

Reactions: J2ps
Yeah if you are trying to get your commercial lisc. you start by registering at IARCA. Get the ftn number. Register for the test with PSI at a test location. They will give you a results sheet. You go bank to IARCA and enter the test number off the sheet. I see what you are saying about it reading funny but you have to start the process to get the ftn and into the system so PSI can find you.

Edit. Just red this again. If you aren't going for 107 commercial none of this applies. Recreational registration has nothing to do with IARCA. I also just figured out you are not the original poster and may have hijacked this thread. Lol.

Good job OP. I just got my card yesterday. It's a nice feeling isn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1_SkyDrone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imMike507