DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying to calibrate vision sensors...

rockstar180

Reactions
While flying yesterday I noticed in the DJI app that on the statuses page, the overall status was "abnormal". When tapping to find out why, all it said was calibrating the vision sensors with the dji assistant was recommended. The status of the vision sensors was "normal" so I flew my 2 batteries anyway.

Today I decided to go ahead and try to calibrate it. What a big mistake that was. I'm able to get through the calibration process, but when finalizing it gives me a screen size error and prompts me to enter my screen size. Afterwards it tries to get me to go through the calibration, but I don't see the dot pattern, I see a blank white box where it should be.

I've researched this as much as I could. I've tried changing screen resolutions, tried a different computer. Even unhooked my Oculus Rift just in case.

Please help me.

I can’t offer any help but can commensurate with your issues trying to use the assistant to calibrate the sensors. In fact, I’ve had issues trying to use it to just download updates. When I calibrated about a year ago it was quite a process. I remember that I had to tilt my laptop screen to just the right position in order to have success. I just got a calibration error message a couple of days ago and was fretting having to try to calibrate again. Fortunately the error was triggered by trying to take off in front of an obstacle. Moving it away solved the issue, luckily.

I'm really confused that everything thing is working fine but it's recommending me to recalibrate.

I feel your pain - I tried for ages to calibrate with my laptop and had exactly the same problem that you have. Must have tried >20 times with every different resolution/location/screen angle etc etc. I almost drove myself nuts.

The only way I could do it was to use a different laptop - it calibrated first go. I have no idea what the problem was.

If you can try a different PC I'd advise that. I even spoke to DJI who made careful notes and then totally ignored them...

TL;DR: If your monitor is plugged into DVI, try switching to an HDMI cable instead. Worked for me.

I had a Win10 Home system where the calibration software ran normally, never a hiccup. When that machine retired, I was dismayed to find that it's fancy new Win10 Pro replacement gave me a blank calibration screen. Reinstalling software, refreshing firmware, rebooting, restarting, reordering steps, resetting permissions : you name it, I tried it. I was desperate.

On a hunch, I swapped the monitor cabling on the new machine--just the cabling, mind you; same computer, monitor, & graphics card--from DVI to HDMI. Hey, presto! The calibration screen appeared, as it should, and I was able to successfully complete the sensor calibration.

I cannot even wildly guess why this change would make a difference, but it did, so I'm happy. I can't guarantee this technique will turn the trick for you, but it's a thing to try if you're desperate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe