DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying to download flight records from DJI Fly on Android...no files showing

Hermey

Reactions
I was hoping to download my flight records from my Android phone to my Windows computer, but ran into a problem. I connected the phone to the computer, went to the DJI app, and to dji.go.v5, but I found no "flight records" file, and in fact, no files at all showing up. No copies of video recordings, nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Phone internal memory>Android>Dji.go.V5>Files>FlightRecord> lists of files .txt

Well for some reason my phone doesn't have things organized that way, --- but I did find the Flight Record file this way
Internal Storage > Android > data > dji.go.v5 > Files > Flight Records
Unfortunately when I opened the flight records that were there, two text documents, they were unreadable mishmash!! What happened? DJI Flight record comes out unreadable mishmash.jpg

Last edited:
Oops. I was reading right from my phone folders and overlooked the data folder.
The .txt files are unreadable; they are not really .txt files to be readable. You need to decode them by uploading to AirData or other location where they can show details.
My procedure is to download to my computer where I have them on file and then upload to my AirData account. Other have DJI sync with their AirData account directly from DJI and avoid the computer stop. It's whatever works best for you.

Reactions: Gagey52
Okay thanks!! Very helpful. I just signed up on AirData and it worked and "translated" the flight records into something that is useful. Lots of fun to be able to see all that info...

If you upload the log to
upload
you can download a better csv than that provided by Airdata though Airdata does show, in its pages, some information that Phantomhelp does not have in the csv.

Another question.....at present I have 93 flights on my dji fly apps (on 2 different phones, but I think they are linked because I have the same account on both), but when I connected my Android phone to my computer, there were only 4 flight records showing up. Why only 4 flight records showing, when I have so many more flights than that, which do show up on the dji fly app?

Okay thanks!! Very helpful. I just signed up on AirData and it worked and "translated" the flight records into something that is useful. Lots of fun to be able to see all that info...
There really is a lot of information and so much to learn when one takes the time to review flight data on a regular basis. If you pay for the upgrade to 400 flights you can then see the calculated wind at various light levels so you know how your aircraft is managing the wind. Battery information can be useful to know how your batteries are managing the amp requirements.

Another question.....at present I have 93 flights on my dji fly apps (on 2 different phones, but I think they are linked because I have the same account on both), but when I connected my Android phone to my computer, there were only 4 flight records showing up. Why only 4 flight records showing, when I have so many more flights than that, which do show up on the dji fly app?
The logs only get swapped/transferred/copied between phones if they (the logs) are synced to DJI's servers and if you permit syncing on both phones...... or if you manually copy them between the two phones yourself.
I don't like syncing because the up load to DJI's servers supposedly deletes the DAT flight logs from the phone.
I normally move the logs (txt & DAT) to an external hard drive via computer and I could, if I wanted to, then copy them to another phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: FLDave
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northwolf88