DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying to get some help Mavic pro Distance issues.

If you don't have a direct line with no obstructions from the RC to the Bird you will have signal degradation. Say you have a 40 foot tree 100 feet away from you. Lets say like most you hold your controller about three feet above the ground. That means the tree is 37 feet above your controller. At 200 feet altitude for the bird at a little over 700 feet that tree is going to be in the line of the signals between the controller and the bird. Try it at 400 feet so you extend that range by double and see what that does.

I prevent that sort of problem by keeping my Mavic in my line of Eyesight. So far that has been OK to 2000 feet out and 300 feet up. It is just a little black spot in the sky at that point.

I bought another one last night flew it 3300 ft last night near my home still only .5 miles. before losing regular video transmission. This was on .400 firmware. I am updating the new one tonight to .900 and rechecking it vs the old one to verify if any improvement. but with .900 on the old one and .400 on new one i was only able to hit about 400ft further but the video was better and more stable on the .400 version also no disconnect of the app.

I will test both again tonight on firmware .900 and report.

Time to look at hacking the output levels in the remotes.

That was tried somewhat successfully. Output went up but so did the heat in the controller. I think the tinkerer decided to save his controller by going down in output.

I've had the same issue with distance and and all connectivity since the 700 upgrade

I bought another one last night flew it 3300 ft last night near my home still only .5 miles. before losing regular video transmission. This was on .400 firmware. I am updating the new one tonight to .900 and rechecking it vs the old one to verify if any improvement. but with .900 on the old one and .400 on new one i was only able to hit about 400ft further but the video was better and more stable on the .400 version also no disconnect of the app.

I will test both again tonight on firmware .900 and report.

Time to look at hacking the output levels in the remotes.

Since you've gotten similar results with multiple hardware and firmware, I would suggest flying it in an open field area where you can guarantee there is no obstruction - I think that is most likely the issue.

can
There were rumors, so far uncorroborated, that power levels were dropped in the 700fw to deter long distance BLOS flight.

can anyone confirm this? if its true how can they still advertise its original CE and FCC ranges.

I'm in .0700 and farthest I've flown 7500ft before signal drop
A lot of tree's have not flown over water at great distance yet.
Were I live the population is very low the deer out number people 4to1

I'm in .0700 and farthest I've flown 7500ft before signal drop
A lot of tree's have not flown over water at great distance yet.
Were I live the population is very low the deer out number people 4to1

im on .700 and iv done 12400ft. with some signal loss, could go further. seem as though everyone getting varied ranges.

I flew my first Mavic flight with Droid Turbo 2. Signal loss was bad after 1000 feet. Hooked up iPad Mini 4 for next flights and flew 2 miles out with zero signal loss.

I researched and studied the forums and ordered the iPad Mini 4 when I ordered the Mavic. I'm an Android guy, but DJI software seems to marry best with iOS.

Is CE and FCC determined by GPS or is a factory factor?
It's auto set based on the location reported by the GPS receiver inside of the Mavic.

Reactions: Lopez0015
So could this be a distance issue caused by location gps settings of the area I live in? Where if the state has rules they turn the gain down via presets?

Where if the state has rules they turn the gain down via presets?
If you're referring to a state in the US, your remote controller will always be in FCC mode when in the US.

I am asking could each state have different regulations as far as gain strength.

I think the trees are the problem. Mine has had no issues with distance when I fly unobstructed but as soon as I get low the signal gets weak. I'm on latest firmware etc.

I have a Mavic Pro with latest firmware. I can get over 3000 feet out and still have video. I have to keep the drone at about 400ft high to do that. I live in Georgia and am surrounded by 60-70 ft trees and lots of 2 story houses.

I have a Mavic Pro with latest firmware. I can get over 3000 feet out and still have video. I have to keep the drone at about 400ft high to do that. I live in Georgia and am surrounded by 60-70 ft trees and lots of 2 story houses.
Do you find that it helps with signal if you increase or decrease the height?
Which do you find works better?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga