DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying to pick ND filter

upjlax

Reactions
I am interested in trying out an ND filter for my mavic pro, but not sure if I am ready to drop the 80-120 dollars on a full set as I am just learning about them. Is there one specific filter that you find to be the most useful or use the most....ex ND 64, 32, 16?

Is there one specific filter that you find to be the most useful or use the most....ex ND 64, 32, 16?
Here's a general filter usage guide:

Filter-Use-Chart.png

There are a lot of good filter brands and they don't all cost $80+. You can find a list of commonly used Mavic Pro filters here.

Reactions: tresilk3 and upjlax
Perfect, thanks for the help! I was afraid if I didnt buy the more expensive ones it would cause my gimbal to overload. I will definitely look into these. Trying to slowly grow my knowledge as a new mavic drone pilot.

Here's a general filter usage guide:

View attachment 36912

There are a lot of good filter brands and they don't all cost $80+. You can find a list of commonly used Mavic Pro filters here.

I was afraid if I didnt buy the more expensive ones it would cause my gimbal to overload.
None of the filters on this list will cause that problem. If you decide to buy something outside of that list, then check the reviews to see what other buyers are saying about them.

I am interested in trying out an ND filter for my mavic pro, but not sure if I am ready to drop the 80-120 dollars on a full set as I am just learning about them. Is there one specific filter that you find to be the most useful or use the most....ex ND 64, 32, 16?
You can get individual filters from PolarPro. I have been using them with all my Dji drones. Quality and service are number one

Something to keep in mind is the locations that you would typically be filming in. If you are doing a lot of stuff near water you really want something with PL or polarized as it really makes a nice difference in cutting down that glare and then you can really see the characteristics of the water much better and the same goes for any terrain that might have shiny reflections.

Something to keep in mind is the locations that you would typically be filming in. If you are doing a lot of stuff near water you really want something with PL or polarized as it really makes a nice difference in cutting down that glare and then you can really see the characteristics of the water much better and the same goes for any terrain that might have shiny reflections.

I need help with this too. What 3 pack combo would you recommend? 8/16/32 regular or all PL? or 8/16pl/32? or 8/16/32pl? I live in AZ so its always sunny. Also have a Hawaii trip coming up so want something for the beach.. I want to buy a custom 3 pack but not sure what 3 I should get. Recommendations from anyone??!

Is there one that tells you what the shutter speed you should be using if we are filming?
Polar pro has a nice phone app that works very well tells you your shutter speeds your other camera settings and figures out the parameters the other items should be

Is there one that tells you what the shutter speed you should be using if we are filming?
Here are a few videos that cover that topic:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for all the continued posts. This has helped me learn a lot more about ND filters and when to use them. I was actually planning on doing some over water and beach filming on a cruise I am going on. So I will definitely look into using a polarized ND lens to improve picture quality.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lzt300b