DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TSA

I took mine from LAX to Honolulu via Kona over the holidays and had no issues. I had my Mavic 2 Pro in a case inside my carry-on backpack. I have Pre-Check, so did not take it out at all and had no questions going there or coming home. In the case was the M2P, two batteries, controller and charging brick. I don't think you shouldn't have any issues either. I did make sure my batteries were below 30% for the trip there, but I wound up with fully charged batteries for return trip due to charging fully after a flight and thinking I would have another session the next day, but got weathered out, so batteries stayed fully charged. No issues or questions about the batteries either direction from TSA. I hope that helps!

Last edited:
I had 2 laptops, the Mavic Pro, 3 fully charged batteries, etc etc etc, and the idiots at TSA gave me a hand job while trying to figure out 3 bananas in my carry on.

I reamed them a new one asking them how many bananas have taken down an aircraft vs how many Lithium Ion batteries have caught fire in flight causing a problem.

P.R. is considered a domestic flight, keep everything in your carry on, if they give you crap give it right back to them

I am Pre check, TWIC, Part 61, Part 107, CDL Haz Mat, CCW, etc etc etc

Reactions: Paulino velez
I had 2 laptops, the Mavic Pro, 3 fully charged batteries, etc etc etc, and the idiots at TSA gave me a hand job while trying to figure out 3 bananas in my carry on.

I reamed them a new one asking them how many bananas have taken down an aircraft vs how many Lithium Ion batteries have caught fire in flight causing a problem.

P.R. is considered a domestic flight, keep everything in your carry on, if they give you crap give it right back to them

I am Pre check, TWIC, Part 61, Part 107, CDL Haz Mat, CCW, etc etc etc

that might not be a good thing, as they can "request" you to step through...that door.

, keep everything in your carry on, if they give you crap give it right back to them

Agree with taking everything on as “carry on” which I always do, no problems so far;)

But I think your approach about giving them crap if they give you crap is totally wrong. You want everything to go as smoothly as possible with security checks, if they ask questions, be polite & answer them. You don’t want to miss your flight for being an total ar..hole;)

There is actually a banana disease currently spreading worldwide. Not a laughing matter.

living in ca, they do take importing any kind of plant (and mammal and/or parts) as a problem. bug, worms, heck even hitchhiking crabs from china. (not editable, even chinese will not eat them.), they dig holes in levees. look at the rabbit problem in the land down under.
so never cross a border with any fresh food or editable. not brought in with you.

Even when drive into CA from another state, they have road blocks that ask about what fruit you are bringing into the state. Also there was that woman passenger that was given an apple by a flight attendant on the flight. She chose not to eat it on the aircraft, but kept it for the journey on land back to her home, after getting off the aircraft. She was stopped at customs and fined $500 for bringing the apple into the country.

I heard that one. That was dumb of customs. Just confiscate it if it was really a concern and call it a day.

remember you are talking about a goverment agancy.
they tend to not hire the best, then some of the regs established by congress.
at least we are safe right now with the fed shut down.

remember you are talking about a goverment agancy.
they tend to not hire the best, then some of the regs established by congress.
at least we are safe right now with the fed shut down.
She probably tried the "if they give you crap give it right back to them" method... :p hahaha

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu