DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Tujunga Canyon, San Gabriel Mountains, California (4K)

FoxFlight Drone Video

Reactions
Site
foxflight2020.com

Starting from the Big Tujunga Dam in the west side of the San Gabriel mountains, Tujunga canyon runs down into the east side of the LA Valley.

The morning made me think it was going to be overcast but things started to clear up as I drove up the valley. However, you can see the clouds spilling over the tops of the mountains to the south and west of my various locations. I was seriously tempted to just let the drone sit there and do a hyperlapse of that effect... but alas, batteries and schedules insisted otherwise...

And no, this was not flown or shot within the boundaries of a National or State Park.

Filmed with: Mavic 2 Pro
Edited with: Adobe Premiere Pro 2020
Music: "Starch" by Proof (via Adobe Stock License)

Well done! Interesting that not everything is dried up. You still have green bushes and plants!

10/10 for the mask intro
Yeah, masking I've done before... the text effect where it "disintegrates and flys away" took me a while to pull off. Glad you called that out.

Reactions: Bransty

Starting from the Big Tujunga Dam in the west side of the San Gabriel mountains, Tujunga canyon runs down into the east side of the LA Valley.

The morning made me think it was going to be overcast but things started to clear up as I drove up the valley. However, you can see the clouds spilling over the tops of the mountains to the south and west of my various locations. I was seriously tempted to just let the drone sit there and do a hyperlapse of that effect... but alas, batteries and schedules insisted otherwise...

And no, this was not flown or shot within the boundaries of a National or State Park.

Filmed with: Mavic 2 Pro
Edited with: Adobe Premiere Pro 2020
Music: "Starch" by Proof (via Adobe Stock License)
Beautiful area and well done. Although I do find the continuous FoxFlight logo distracting, especially with beautiful scenery.

Reactions: Cosimoto
Very nice! My dad grew up in this area, I’ll send it to him.

I’m a little curious about the shot of the road at 2:08, and what might account for the slightly strobey look of it. Was this one slowed in Premiere, were you using ND filters to help control shutter speed… any thoughts or ideas on this?

Beautiful area and well done. Although I do find the continuous FoxFlight logo distracting, especially with beautiful scenery.
Fair enough, but many of us find the shameless ripping off of our content distracting, especially with the work we put into it. Tom at TAPP Channel does it. Chris Biela at Primo Media does it. Open Range Studios does it. Kalucci does it. Most of us do.

That said, I am often struggling to find the right transparency for it. I might pull it back a bit on the next ones.

Very nice! My dad grew up in this area, I’ll send it to him.

I’m a little curious about the shot of the road at 2:08, and what might account for the slightly strobey look of it. Was this one slowed in Premiere, were you using ND filters to help control shutter speed… any thoughts or ideas on this?
Good eye... I had that clip slowed down to 76% to get it to fit right in the music edit.

Many of us that meticulously edit to music will change a speed a bit if simply editing the clip itself won't do it. Slowing down -- especially at an odd rate -- makes it more jittery than speeding it up.

Reactions: SethB

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS