DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Turnigy LiHV Batteries

Where do you find the maxamp batteries, and also does batteries plus offer them?

Haven't used them before, sorry.

--

Maybe @cragv can make them. He says it's cheap and easy.

I guess I could. Never said it was easy, I just said the parts in it looked cheap at first glance, though this was before I noticed it had an LED and presumably a simple IC for on/off function. In that case I'm reassessing the cost of components to being maybe $10 or so: two male XT60 connectors, a couple of snips of 14ga wire, an LED, a basic IC with push button, which would comprise a power protection diode, resistor or two for whatever IC they're using and one for pull-up, as well as the flashable EEPROM itself, plus heat shrink and the brass or copper tabs to fit the battery terminals.

So as I say, cheap, but not necessarily easy! I guess I wouldn't mind making a couple but most importantly, I would never be so bold as to steal a design idea from another small business. Such a thing is repugnant to me. Making my own version, sure, I could do that with a clear conscience, but I'm not in any hurry to rip off someone else's idea and work - it's a lot of effort to get something to market, even if you're only doing small DIY batches.

--> I wonder whether they need an on/off circuit... Certainly, you'd want a low voltage protection circuit or at least to fit an alarm to your balance leads. R&D required here, which is where the money half goes. The other half to construction labour, plus a pinch left over for profit!

Reluctantly, this is about as far as I'm comfortable taking this little thought project. I don't have a drone I'm willing to test with a non-DJI battery, so perhaps someone else will pick it up from here. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: mnis
Haven't used them before, sorry.

--

I guess I could. Never said it was easy, I just said the parts in it looked cheap at first glance, though this was before I noticed it had an LED and presumably a simple IC for on/off function. In that case I'm reassessing the cost of components to being maybe $10 or so: two male XT60 connectors, a couple of snips of 14ga wire, an LED, a basic IC with push button, which would comprise a power protection diode, resistor or two for whatever IC they're using and one for pull-up, as well as the flashable EEPROM itself, plus heat shrink and the brass or copper tabs to fit the battery terminals.

So as I say, cheap, but not necessarily easy! I guess I wouldn't mind making a couple but most importantly, I would never be so bold as to steal a design idea from another small business. Such a thing is repugnant to me. Making my own version, sure, I could do that with a clear conscience, but I'm not in any hurry to rip off someone else's idea and work - it's a lot of effort to get something to market, even if you're only doing small DIY batches.

--> I wonder whether they need an on/off circuit... Certainly, you'd want a low voltage protection circuit or at least to fit an alarm to your balance leads. R&D required here, which is where the money half goes. The other half to construction labour, plus a pinch left over for profit!

Reluctantly, this is about as far as I'm comfortable taking this little thought project. I don't have a drone I'm willing to test with a non-DJI battery, so perhaps someone else will pick it up from here. Best of luck!
Come on back I know your skin is thicker that that!!

I meant I don't want to build an adapter at this point. That's the thought project I meant. It hasn't become any more real than measuring battery terminals with s multimeter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claude72