DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Turtle Speed going forward

Dgardner007

Reactions
Hello everyone ,,, Just a curious question ,, has any one experienced the MP moving faster backward than forward....the slowest speed going forward was 9 mph full throttle at 80% battery and full signal strength. I figured that something was in its field vision but,,, my vision radar on screen was all green. But going any of the other directions its more aggressive than forward in normal mode. In sport mode everything seems to work as expected.......

any settings I should look at

Thanks
Sincerely

Slow poke Rodriguez

Exactly the same is happening to me. In gps mode, my top speed is 10mph. It should be around 22mph. In sports mode is all normal.

When in gps mode and vision forward sensors are switched on the mavic is restricted so its going at the correct speed for the sensors to react to forward collisions , as there are no rear sensors it will travel faster in reverse , if you switch the forward vision sensors off it will travel at normal speed , and when switched into sport mode will travel even quicker , with vision switched off i normally get about 12-15 mph , its a compromise leave the sensors on so tour more secure or switch them off to gain speed , i tend to just switch to sport mode which auto turns the sensors off and allows the drone to lean more to get more speed until i get to where im shooting ,ie castle or church then switch back to gps mode to get my shots as the controls are dumbed down , then back into sport mode to bring the bird home quicker

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
You could try calibrating the sensors.

When in gps mode and vision forward sensors are switched on the mavic is restricted so its going at the correct speed for the sensors to react to forward collisions , as there are no rear sensors it will travel faster in reverse , if you switch the forward vision sensors off it will travel at normal speed , and when switched into sport mode will travel even quicker , with vision switched off i normally get about 12-15 mph , its a compromise leave the sensors on so tour more secure or switch them off to gain speed , i tend to just switch to sport mode which auto turns the sensors off and allows the drone to lean more to get more speed until i get to where im shooting ,ie castle or church then switch back to gps mode to get my shots as the controls are dumbed down , then back into sport mode to bring the bird home quicker
thanks for comment and i understand but at 180 ft ?? there's nothing up there but air ..I don't know ....kinda frustrating especially when it wasn't doing it before.

thanks for comment and i understand but at 180 ft ?? there's nothing up there but air ..I don't know ....kinda frustrating especially when it wasn't doing it before.
Having the forward sensors on restricts speed because the Mavic needs to maintain stopping distance within the range of the detectors. Having said that, I do not think that is your problem. With the sensors on you should be able to fly at 22 mph (36 kph). Have you tried turning the forward sensors off? It is then capable of 36 mph (58 kph). If you do get the faster speed with the sensors off then at least you know where the problem lies. You could then try to calibrate the sensors to see if that fixes it. Have you cleaned the sensors? Perhaps there is a bug or other dirt in there.

Reactions: Cslucas34
I had this issue when updated to .0400 firmware, is OK again now as I have reverted to .0300. Would only go forward at 9 MPH.

Good info from mossiback there. As a check, I would make sure that you aren’t in tripod mode or some other stabilization sub mode and also make sure it didn’t revert back to “beginner” mode which will limit you for safety until you disable it.

You should be able to obtain 22 MPH with the sensors on, barring any detection of something in front of you. But if that were the case, it should beep and warn you (atleast mine does). My guess is it’s a setting somewhere vice a sensor malfunction based on what you are saying.

Perhaps this is the optimised propulsion system only they forgot to optimise it forwards as well :) in my case if it was a setting or sensor it would not have been rectified by rolling back the firmware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS