DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Two drones one controller

SvenDroneDude

Reactions
Hi - I would like to use one controller with two drones: An Air 2 and an Air 2S.
Linking to each drone from the same controller works. But it is kludgy: After first linking to Air 2S, I am prompted to downgrade the controller firmware before I am able to switch and link to Air 2. And after linking to Air 2, I am prompted to install the controller firmware again (upgrade) before I can switch to Air 2S.

Is this behavior to be expected? If so, any plans from DJI to make re-linking as I described it more seamless?

Please advise.

Thank you!

This is just an open forum...I don't know of any one on here that has any insight regarding future actions by DJI..although I think a lot of us would like to know.....are you just trying to avoid carrying around a second controller?..Personally, I would stick to the controller that came with each one...i would be afraid of getting signals crossed somehow

Reactions: projectarjun
This is just an open forum...I don't know of any one on here that has any insight regarding future actions by DJI..although I think a lot of us would like to know.....are you just trying to avoid carrying around a second controller?..Personally, I would stick to the controller that came with each one...i would be afraid of getting signals crossed somehow
Yes, I do extensive traveling and carrying just one controller for the two drones is a big benefit. And other than the issue of having to swap firmware, the one controller works great with each drone...

Thx

I find it strange that you say you are swapping firmware for each drone ,all you are doing is unlinking one drone and linking to another one ,you should be on the same App ,the firmware info is stored in the drone you will get a firmware upgrade if the drone you are linked to has one, but that should not affect the other drone once you link it unless it has had a firmware update as well

I find it strange that you say you are swapping firmware for each drone ,all you are doing is unlinking one drone and linking to another one ,you should be on the same App ,the firmware info is stored in the drone you will get a firmware upgrade if the drone you are linked to has one, but that should not affect the other drone once you link it unless it has had a firmware update as well
I have both drones and am trying to use one controller..... I have the same issue. When you switch drones it says inconsistent firmware and does an update.... then makes you reboot to take effect. Its very annoying. I would really like to use one controller and select the drone off the screen to connect.

To anyone who might be interested: I posted this question on the DJI Support Forum as well and was asked if I used the controller that came with the Air 2S or the Air 2. I answered that I only use the Air 2 controller. This was DJI's response:

"Thank you for keeping us posted. We will forward this to our designated team for further clarification. Thank you!"

Mine is the Air 2S controller that I would like to use with the Air 2 and Mini 2 as well.

My Mini 2 controller works fine with the Air 2 without any of the firmware nonsense. It would be great to get one controller working to run all three drones without the upgrade / downgrade hiccup.

Reactions: Jam0ne
Is this controller interchangeable?
Yes its interchangeable between the Mini 2, the Air 2, and the Air 2S but it wants to do an update evry time you change from the Air 2/Mini 2 to the Air 2S and vice versa..... there are apparently software differences.... probably related to Ocusync.as the former two have Ocusync 2 and the Air 2S has Ocusync 3.

Reactions: projectarjun
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143