DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Two models listed in Mavic Mini specs

It isnt Europe. CE is everywhere in the world except the USA

Thats not strictly correct. There are other locations that are CE or FCC.

This dependency is based on the regulations of that country for the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands.

Some countries that would normally be FCC for 2.4 are not for the 5.8Ghz Band. As 5.8Ghz is often used (half the band) for commercial uses. e.g. in AU.

What you need to notice is that the US drone model while it has greater range is 5.8Ghz only not dual band. 5.8Ghz does not propagate as well as 2.4Ghz does so DJI have boosted the 5.8Ghz signal. Making it incompatible in a number of countries.

It will be interesting to see what issues are seen in the US with single band. The 5.8Ghz band is the bane of DJI RE Goggles and they recommend to lock them to 2.4Ghz.

Cheers

Thats not strictly correct. There are other locations that are CE or FCC.

This dependency is based on the regulations of that country for the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands.

Some countries that would normally be FCC for 2.4 are not for the 5.8Ghz Band. As 5.8Ghz is often used (half the band) for commercial uses. e.g. in AU.

What you need to notice is that the US drone model while it has greater range is 5.8Ghz only not dual band. 5.8Ghz does not propagate as well as 2.4Ghz does so DJI have boosted the 5.8Ghz signal. Making it incompatible in a number of countries.

It will be interesting to see what issues are seen in the US with single band. The 5.8Ghz band is the bane of DJI RE Goggles and they recommend to lock them to 2.4Ghz.

Cheers
It even depends on the strength of transmitting. In US (FCC) I think there is 1w and in other countries (CE) the limitation is ,25w.

Reactions: BJR981S
For the purpose of find out if MM will be possible to hack into FCC mode I got in touch with DJI customer support (Online chat) and asked if I take my EU model MM into USA will it automatically switch into FCC mode.
The customer support guy couldn’t answer the question immediately but had to check this with someone else before replying to my question.
According to him, MM bought in UK/EU will switch into FCC mode when taken to the USA.
I hope I was given correct information as it means the FCC hack will work with MM.
I’m still suspicious because of the two different MM models. Hopefully someone on YouTube will soon confirm this.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
The question was asked on the DJI forum and she said it will give a warning when used in the other region but you can click ok and carry on. So going by that I would buy the FCC version and forget the terribly hampered CE version.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
The Dji Fly app is diferent... you swich the CE to FCC ...and.... when you conect with the satelit....

So does the fact that there are 2 distinct models for ce and fcc, does this mean that this is hard coded and not something that is controlled by software and gps location?

If so, I can see a big market for the U.S. version
Can anyone tell me where you can buy the US version FCC and have it imported into the UK

Can anyone tell me where you can buy the US version FCC and have it imported into the UK

I had no idea there were two versions of the Mavic Mini. I have just bought one in Thailand for use in Thailand and Australia. I can not get beyond 500 meters and it is the CE version. As far as I can make out the CE version is everywhere other than the USA. So I have bought the one that only goes 500 meters? Is that correct?
Help appreciated.

I had no idea there were two versions of the Mavic Mini. I have just bought one in Thailand for use in Thailand and Australia. I can not get beyond 500 meters and it is the CE version. As far as I can make out the CE version is everywhere other than the USA. So I have bought the one that only goes 500 meters? Is that correct?
Help appreciated.
It is The US version fcc Has a further range

So the CE version is for Australia? I don't want to go 4 kilometers I just don't want to get cut off from the MN at 200, 300 or 500. I asked the guy who I got it from a DJI dealer in Patong and he said 500 is standard in Phuket because of the open power lines.

How do you tell what version do you have?
I am in Australia.
the version is on the box label and on the label on the back of the controller

So the CE version is for Australia? I don't want to go 4 kilometers I just don't want to get cut off from the MN at 200, 300 or 500. I asked the guy who I got it from a DJI dealer in Patong and he said 500 is standard in Phuket because of the open power lines.

OZ we get the FCC version

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom