DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Two-tone yellow around class E airport

Calhoun Ranger

Reactions
Just hoping for a quick answer on DJI geo-fencing. I need to fly around a small airport, at about 1.5 miles out. I have already called the airport to notify them. The DJI geo map shows a two-tone yellow authorization around this airport - a darker yellow inner circle close to the airport and a lighter yellow extending farther out.

My flight area is in the outer, lighter yellow band. Will I be restricted there? Do I need to get a DJI authorization? I am a certificate holder, just haven't experienced this particular situation yet.

Had to deal with this while flying my P3P.

It may prompt you to show authorization but may also give you the option to take responsibility for the flight. I dealt with this at an airport in G airspace obviously mis-classified by DJI. In my experience I was able to fly but the prompt popped up every time I landed and attempted to take off again.

Thanks, FlyBoy. Since I asked the question very close upon the event, I had my answer in real life quickly. I got a message that I was near a NFZ, with an option to authorize. I could say NO to this question, and I was able to fly normally with no restriction. The RC continually showed "NEAR NFZ" but other than that did not interfere.
I will also note that, with a VERY specific simple question to [email protected], all I received in return was the "boilerplate" answer of how to request authorization to fly in a NFZ, with no specific reference at all to my simple question on the two-tone yellow on their geo-fencing map.

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan