DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAS Operator Registration Spain

Fuzzman18

Reactions
Has anybody been able to register in Spain as a UAS recreational operator?
I have tried several times and it keeps wanting to put in an NIF number. I tried my passport #, but doesn't work!
I need to do this first before I can take their test!
Thanks

Reactions: ArcTenTen
I have tried several times and it keeps wanting to put in an NIF number. I tried my passport #, but doesn't work!
Thanks
Going to Spain in a few months. Curious.

Thanks
I just received this email from them, maybe it will help you..

Dear Sir,

European UAS regulation applies from 31 December 2020. Complete information is available on the Spanish Aviation Safety and Security Agency(AESA) web site: Drones | AESA-Agencia Estatal de Seguridad Aérea - Ministerio de Fomento

Also you can find additional information on the FAQ European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) web site: Drones (UAS) | EASA

Here are the minimum requirements to fly an UAS:

• Registration as a drone operator: Unless they are certified, drones do not need to be registered, but you, as drone operator/owner, must register yourself. You do so with the National Aviation Authority of the EU country you residence in or the country you are going to fly in.
  • Remote pilot training: Training requirements depend on the operation category. For further information of subject matter we recommend AESA web site section “Formación de pilotos a distancia de UAS/drones”.
  • Appropriate insurance: According EU regulation, you, as drone operator, are always required to have an insurance for your drone if you are using a drone with a weight above 20kg. However according Spanish regulations, a third-party insurance is mandatory for any weight of UAS.
  • General flight rules: As well as the training, flight rules depend on the operation category. You can find information about different operational categories on AESA web site section “Operaciones con UAS/drones”.
  • UAS geographical zone: In addition to the general flight rules, there are limitations according zones due to several reasons: vicinity of aerodromes, military area, critical infrastructure protection, environmental protection, etc. For further information refer to the section “Vuelos Con UAS/Drones (Zonificación)” on the AESA web site in order to know requirements and limitations of the Spanish UAS geographical zones.

If you have a valid EASA certificate, it will work in Spain too! I have one from the LBA (Germany) but I live in Spain, it is valid here!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid