DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAV Forecast not working in Canada

sbrooker

Reactions
Is anyone else in Canada having trouble with UAV forecast on iPhone? Usually it shows all airports in my area. But when I went to use the app yesterday nothing is there except the DJI NFZ's. I tried changing my distance settings for airports and heliports but still nothing. Tried a phone reset too. Any help is appreciated

This issue started for me late last night/early this morning. I am not in Canada (though these days, I wish).

I really like this app, and was seriously thinking about buying a year subscription, but now this issue started.

Have either of you found a solution?

FWIW, I am trying to use it on a Samsung Galaxy S8.

Just checked.
Here in south-western Ontario UAV is only displaying DJI No Fly Zones.
Using Samsung S8.
Thanks for replying. I left a message on their (UAV Forecast's) own forum a few moments ago. Maybe somebody there can shed some light.

Hmmm...both of us on Samsung S8's eh? I wonder if it's related.

Thanks for replying. I left a message on their (UAV Forecast's) own forum a few moments ago. Maybe somebody there can shed some light.

Hmmm...both of us on Samsung S8's eh? I wonder if it's related.

I don't think the S8 is a factor. The OP was using an Apple device and the second poster reported the problem on his PC so it looks like all platforms are affected.

Hey! I just checked and it looks like it's been fixed. Must've been something on their end.

How bout you guys up in Canada?

On my Samsung S8 it is showing waterloo region medium airport along with the Kitchener heliport so I don't know what you guys are talking about with the app not working/???? More likely an update on your phones possibly? I have mine set on auto update so its constantly done

On my Samsung S8 it is showing waterloo region medium airport along with the Kitchener heliport so I don't know what you guys are talking about with the app not working/???? More likely an update on your phones possibly? I have mine set on auto update so its constantly done

When I made post #9 the Regional airport and heliport were not shown.
When I posted #11 they were shown.
Probably their database was just being updated and your check came after the update. I imagine the app checks the database for updates every time it is opened in order to stay current.
The make/model of phone would not matter.

It seems to have been a temporary issue on their (UAV Forecast's) part. It has been fixed since post#7 of this thread.

Looking back into this forum's posts, this seems to happen occasionally. Not complaining about the app ... it's fantastic, but the problem had me scratching my head when it was going on.

Sorry for the confusion.

It seems to have been a temporary issue on their (UAV Forecast's) part. It has been fixed since post#7 of this thread.

Looking back into this forum's posts, this seems to happen occasionally. Not complaining about the app ... it's fantastic, but the problem had me scratching my head when it was going on.

Sorry for the confusion.
That sounds like a good possibility that the app does that

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121