DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAV wind speeds ???

Hayabusa

Reactions
in Utah and have a question on wind speeds. Suppose to get windy today. How do I read this UAV.
I’m WSU up in the mountains so do I have to find my elevation and go by that reading?
I think just at our hotel we are at 5000’ so when I go up the mountain, who knows. Just seems like the winds at that height anywhere are too much. I really want to fly but afraid I might get up over a mountain top and poof ( there goes My bird)

Mike

in Utah and have a question on wind speeds. Suppose to get windy today. How do I read this UAV.
I’m WSU up in the mountains so do I have to find my elevation and go by that reading?
I think just at our hotel we are at 5000’ so when I go up the mountain, who knows. Just seems like the winds at that height anywhere are too much. I really want to fly but afraid I might get up over a mountain top and poof ( there goes My bird)

Mike
Don't know about windage. BUT! Make sure to post your video please!

Hey Mike, hope your trip is going well. Thats a darn good question. Looking at the app it obviously shows your "current location" but not really sure if it mean 50, 100, 500 from your current altitude. What if you get to the mountains and open the app and see if you can sense a disparity between the 33' speed on the app and what you "sense" the real wind speed is. Hope someone can answer.

Hey Mike, hope your trip is going well. Thats a darn good question. Looking at the app it obviously shows your "current location" but not really sure if it mean 50, 100, 500 from your current altitude. What if you get to the mountains and open the app and see if you can sense a disparity between the 33' speed on the app and what you "sense" the real wind speed is. Hope someone can answer.

It was really windy- too windy!
I went up anyways as I had to try and get some more footage/shots as it was my last day. I kept it within reason and had a few gusts that scared me. Found some creeks that were a bit safer than mountain tops.
A huge learning experience with this trip and taking drone.
I wasted a lot of time:
Not being prepared
Should get a car charger
Make sure you have cache going on tablet or then enough memory.
If short on time- scope out your sites/directions if needed. Drove around a lot just looking for the right spots. Which was fun in its own.
Once I actually see what I shot, I’ll try and throw something together and post it.
Hoping back on a plane to miami
Thanks all
Mike

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada