DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CAA/DfT U-turn on class marks

Cymru

Reactions

The DfT will also be changing UK regulations so that European Union (EU) class marks on drones will not be recognised in the UK after 1 January 2023. Drones with EU class marks will still be able to be flown in the UK after that date in the Open and Specific categories

Major and unexpected u-turn there that drastically restricts potential drone usage rights. No sooner than we start to see drones get class marks than the rules get changed to ignore them.

Means realistically anything over 250g is restricted to A2/A3 regardless of markings so 150m (or 50m with A2CoC) from people.

This is a major change that wasnt even discussed at any stage.

Major and unexpected u-turn there that drastically restricts potential drone usage rights. No sooner than we start to see drones get class marks than the rules get changed to ignore them.

Means realistically anything over 250g is restricted to A2/A3 regardless of markings so 150m (or 50m with A2CoC) from people.

This is a major change that wasnt even discussed at any stage.
my buddy just asked me will this affect him flying his DJI mavic, I don't know

It only says Class Marked drones cannot be flown in A1,2,3 after Jan 23. My MA2 is not Class Marked but clearly weighs over 250gms. I only fly in places around here that allow it and other places miles from anywhere. I know that’s all a bit flimsy but what do our Moderators think? Especially those here in the U.K.

my buddy just asked me will this affect him flying his DJI mavic, I don't know
It means after 31/12/2025 the mavic can only be flown in A3 (so 150m from people or structures etc).
Basically, moorland and mountains with no hikers.

It means after 31/12/2025 the mavic can only be flown in A3 (so 150m from people or structures etc).
Basically, moorland and mountains with no hikers.
That's what we do now! anything over 250gr most of us fly it well way from people and as remotely possible

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka