DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

Well I've installed this app (I know, I know) and its preserving FCC without any gps spoofing etc (after locating gps via the drone the line stays on 87dB and the Auto/Manual buttons are still there), the problem is we're not going to know if it really works without someone measuring the signal output.

I suppose it's promising if DJI have stopped the normal gps spoofing workaround from working.

It really would be good if someone could do an English translation of that video...god knows what he's saying.
He's saying to use the cydia impactor and install the ipa file. In between he mentions that cydia impactor can be bought for no 7 day limit. It really is no different than using the impactor for a any other non Appstore app.

He's saying to use the cydia impactor and install the ipa file. In between he mentions that cydia impactor can be bought for no 7 day limit. It really is no different than using the impactor for a any other non Appstore app.
Thats cool cheers...although unless you've got a paid Apple dev account Cydia impactor doesn't work anymore.

You can install apps (for 7 days) via Xcode even if you're not jailbroken, although it's a bit of a pita.
Much easier to just jailbreak and use reprovision, it will auto sign itself so theres no 7 day limit.

Did the same steps still does not work
Changed to fcc, turned it off qnd rc the same.
Started motors without phone connected to rc and once it gets settlites it changes back to ce.
I have this same problem.Any idea ?
I make step by step, but drone go to CE ..
I have android

I have problem with mod FCC, when i turn to FCC my drone go to CE.
After make FCC turn off drone, controler and kill apps
Than start controler withouth android phone, turn on drone, run propelers, than turn phone and MAvic back to CE
Any idea ?

I've done some testing and here are the results:

Phone: Samsung A30S Android

General assumption is:
If the 1km is at 87db the drone is in FCC mode.
If the 1km is at 90db the drone is in CE mode.

Test 1 - Spoof to USA
Rebooted phone to clear all apps. Check Google map for location = Malaysia
Cover drone w Foil cover
Turn on flight mode.
Spoof location with Fake GPS by Lexa to Wyoming USA
Check Google map for location = Wyoming USA
Connect phone to RC - start RC and drone - after connection open Fly app - check map = Wyoming USA
Checked transmission - showed 1km at 87db level.
Remove foil cover - immediately start props - checked transmission - showed 1km at 87db level.
Fly drone -after +-6 seconds map showed Malaysia home location as expected for RTH- transmission showed 1km at 87db.
Fly drone for 7 minutes - checked transmission - showed 1km at 87db.

This shows the drone stayed in FCC mode.

Test 2 - Spoof to Denmark
Cover drone w Foil cover
Turn on flight mode.
Spoof location with Fake GPS by Lexa to Denmark (CE country)
Check Google map for location = Denmark (CE country)
Connect phone to RC - start RC and drone - after connection open Fly app - check map = Denmark
Checked transmission - showed 1km at 90db level.
Remove foil cover - immediately start props - checked transmission - showed 1km at 90db level.
Fly drone -after +-6 seconds map showed Malaysia home location as expected for RTH- transmission showed 1km at 90db.
Fly drone for 9 minutes - checked transmission - showed 1km at 90db.

This shows the drone was in CE mode

Test 3 - no spoof
Turn on flight mode.
Check Google map for location = Malaysia
Connect phone to RC - start RC and drone - after connection open Fly app - check map = Malaysia
Checked transmission - showed 1km at 87db level.
Start props - checked transmission - showed 1km at 87db level.
Fly drone -after +-6 seconds map showed Malaysia home location as expected for RTH- transmission showed 1km at 87db.
Fly drone for 12 minutes - checked transmission - showed 1km at 87db.

This shows the drone started in FCC mode.

It appears (subject to further findings) the MA2 in Malaysia are in FCC mode unless spoofed to another location at this time.
Gary, you went ahead after I gave you the idea!

anyway I wanted to see how to stay in CE or FCC per desired. So in my case I did the fake CE, Belgium.

Phone: Samsung S10e with Android 10.
I generally used your method except I didn’t reboot my phone.
With location spoofed to Belgium (CE).
In my house or with the top of drone covered, I can see the 1km at -90dbm.
Now I immediately start the motors and it remained at -90dbm.

then I moved forward until GPS sat lock. The moment my home point was updated, ie the drone gets a hard lock, the 1km level immediately increased to -87dBm.

this has happened 4 times.

somehow I get different result from you, and I’m not in your boat anymore .....

It’s still important to find out how to reliably stay in FCC or CE mode...

To make things even more complicated, DJI has just released a Fly app update on iOS & Android --> version 1.1.2
I think today or even minutes ago, so....

Last edited:
Gary, you went ahead after I gave you the idea!

anyway I wanted to see how to stay in CE or FCC per desired. So in my case I did the fake CE, Belgium.

Phone: Samsung S10e with Android 10.
I generally used your method except I didn’t reboot my phone.
With location spoofed to Belgium (CE).
In my house or with the top of drone covered, I can see the 1km at -90dbm.
Now I immediately start the motors and it remained at -90dbm.

then I moved forward until GPS sat lock. The moment my home point was updated, ie the drone gets a hard lock, the 1km level immediately increased to -87dBm.

this has happened 4 times.

somehow I get different result from you, and I’m not in your boat anymore .....

It’s still important to find out how to reliably stay in FCC or CE mode...
I wanted to test it out in all three. In all three modes, spoof to US, spoof to Europe, and no spoof.

Are you saying that you cant get back into FCC mode after you spoofed into Belgium ?

Are you doing this all indoors ?

I wanted to test it out in all three. In all three modes, spoof to US, spoof to Europe, and no spoof.

Are you saying that you cant get back into FCC mode after you spoofed into Belgium ?

Are you doing this all indoors ?
i spoofed to Europe to do a "CE Hack".

no, i immediately get back to FCC mode once the drone gets a solid Satellite lock. ie location in Fly app is Malaysia.

meaning to say my "CE Hack" was completely unsuccessful unlike yours.

Last edited:
To make things even more complicated, DJI has just released a Fly app update on iOS & Android --> version 1.1.2
since you're on the android boat...lets see what they say about the android version later haha.

the ios 1.1.2 release notes just state fix crashes and improve stability

i spoofed to Europe to do a "CE Hack".

no, i immediately get back to FCC mode once the drone gets a solid Satellite lock.
[/QUOT

I misunderstood your previous message, sorry.

You staying in FCC mode seems to prove that up to this point that the MA2 is in FCC mode here.

I see there is a new upgrade that came out yesturday. I think its initially for IOS but maybe also for android. Im not going to install it until reports come out on it. I wonder if the problems that the guys in Europe is connected with this upgrade ?

the joy of android is you can right now go to DJI website and save a copy of 1.1.0 apk for sideloading and safekeeping. For Android there is less problem to roll back.

But the problem here is that eventually DJI will wake up and lock Malaysia back to CE Mode. I can't get my phone to stick to any hack...so its not ideal.

just retested with the 1.1.2 update on android.
if you do the Fake GPS (inside) and then fly out
as soon as the drone sees GPS satellites and update's home point, it jumps back to CE mode :-( (just like version 1.1.0)
i was hoping that DJI would make the gps spoof working :)

the joy of android is you can right now go to DJI website and save a copy of 1.1.0 apk for sideloading and safekeeping. For Android there is less problem to roll back.

But the problem here is that eventually DJI will wake up and lock Malaysia back to CE Mode. I can't get my phone to stick to any hack...so its not ideal.
You may well be correct. Time will tell.

When the sdk is released No Limit Drones or someone else will come out with a fix.
Im interested to see how the IOS hacks are working out.

I have problem with mod FCC, when i turn to FCC my drone go to CE.
After make FCC turn off drone, controler and kill apps
Than start controler withouth android phone, turn on drone, run propelers, than turn phone and MAvic back to CE
Any idea ?
On iphone my wife hack is working, i think problem is with android app

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the info about it and it looks very promising, but the only way to know for sure is if someone flys it out 10k, or the signal is measured.
You dont need to go far away to justify using FCC. With FCC you fly alway with strong signal, even with some obstacles around.

Reactions: tino.v and gb160
Well thats a pain..I'll stay using the hacked 1.1.0 version I think.
Really hope for some conclusive tests to be done soon on this and the gps hack.

just did a test on 1.1.2 (firmware from today)
you can do fake gps spoof inside (on android smartphone) and power de drone off.
go outside, power the drone on and the remote, fast start the engines as soon as you see the green lights flash on the drone (before it locks gps).
now start the DJY FLY app on ipad (ios)
it will stay on FCC (you can check in transmission tab.)
remember before you land after the flight, you have to shut down the FLY APP.
if you have the app open and land, it will go back to CE, if you land wihtout the FLY APP open, it will stay in FCC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lab916