DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

No i haven't? I tried the method someone said about doing the fake gps thing indoors but didn't work on my android device but i have an ipad if you think Iso is better?
The truth is we have no evidence so far that any method, on any platform is working...however imo the most promising is the hacked DJI Fly app as that is the only one where the auto/manual mode doesn't change when the drone has acquired gps, that app is only available for iOS.

To install it you'll need the hacked DJI Fly app (someone posted a link a few pages back), a Mac, Xcode and iOS app signer, I used this guide here, it's really quite simple:

Only advice is to make sure you're not on iOS 13.3.1, there was a bug which stopped self signed apps from opening.

Last edited:
The truth is we have no evidence so far that any method, on any platform is working...however imo the most promising is the hacked DJI Fly app as that is the only one where the auto/manual mode doesn't change when the drone has acquired gps, that app is only available for iOS.

To install it you'll need a Mac, Xcode and iOS app signer, I used this guide here, it's really quite simple:

Only advice is to make sure you're not on iOS 13.3.1, there was a bug which stopped self signed apps from opening.
I appreciate the help but I don't have a mac unfortunately ? I tried so many methods just doesn't want to work.

Reactions: yaniv.silverr
Received my Air 2 today so naturally the first thing I did was check to see if FCC hack could be done.
It can.

Out the box CE power under 90
View attachment 101236

spoofed iPhone location to USA
View attachment 101238
Now the full power above 90.
Can also confirm that as long as you start drone and hover before connecting the dji app to the drone and disconnect the app before finally landing it will continue to stay in FCC mode.

haven’t had any chance to check range yet as the batteries are still charging and it’s to windy here at the moment.

will test tomorrow hopefully if it makes much of a difference for us.
View attachment 101237View attachment 101236
Tried your method as soon as I went out and started the drone without taking off it will pick up satellite and goes back to ce mode

Tried your method as soon as I went out and started the drone without taking off it will pick up satellite and goes back to ce mode

As you see in our later experiments (sorry but read the whole thread) so far Android seems hard to make it not switch back after satellite pickup.

Reactions: Apo1991
FCC mode is only possible with the hacked app
I was really hoping for some concrete range test/measurement evidence by now.
I'm limited to around 4.5km where I have clear LOS around here, all I know is that it does this without a glitch with the hacked app and FCC enabled, full signal all the way...doesn't prove anything I know but I might fly the same route tomorrow with the stock app and see if it performs the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: crosswired
FCC mode is only possible with the hacked app
not true, there are 2 ways,
you can also use a GPS spoofer and start the motors before updating the GPS signal and the home point.
if you close the app before you land and do so, it will remain on FCC.
this only works on iOS, not Android. (personally tested)

Reactions: lee82gx
not true, there are 2 ways,
you can also use a GPS spoofer and start the motors before updating the GPS signal and the home point.
if you close the app before you land and do so, it will remain on FCC.
this only works on iOS, not Android. (personally tested)
Theres no real proof that this is actually FCC mode mate, a few users believe theres just a glitch in the app showing the dB line in the wrong place, as when gps is acquired the channel mode switches to the same as it does when CE mode is enabled.

I'm limited to around 4.5km where I have clear LOS around here, all I know is that it does this without a glitch with the hacked app and FCC enabled, full signal all the way...doesn't prove anything I know but I might fly the same route tomorrow with the stock app and see if it performs the same.
There is another way to test the signal. Tomorrow I will attempt to hide my drone deep in the middle of my house in a store room, and wrap the leg antenna to increase RF attenuation while I will try to walk or move away from the house. Hopefully when I switch or visible spoof the region via my phone, the change to "FCC levels view" vs "CE", the signal strength indicator can change significantly enough.

There is another way to test the signal. Tomorrow I will attempt to hide my drone deep in the middle of my house in a store room, and wrap the leg antenna to increase RF attenuation while I will try to walk or move away from the house. Hopefully when I switch or visible spoof the region via my phone, the change to "FCC levels view" vs "CE", the signal strength indicator can change significantly enough.
I like it!...not entirely scientific but I like it mate!

I've just stolen your idea and I have promising results!!

Ive powered on my MA2, left it on the table in the garden to get gps, opened the stock DJI Fly app, and connected to MA2, and verified the MA2 is on CE mode, I left the controller on the table in the garden (note the controller doesn't move an inch through both of these tests), the I took the Mavic into my kitchen and placed it in the microwave oven (unplugged first of course), and closed the microwave oven door...went back to the garden table and the controller was showing two bars missing from the signal strength.

I took my MA2 back out in the garden, powered everything off, powered on the MA2 back on the garden table, powered on the controller, this time I used the hacked DJI Fly app, enabled FCC mode, verified it was in FCC mode via the dB line in the app, waited a few seconds for it to get GPS signal, when it did this I took the MA2 back into the kitchen, popped it in the microwave, closed the door, returned to the garden.
The controller was showing full signal.

The reason I used the microwave oven was because they have a very strong RF shield, otherwise we'd all be infertile ;)...and as such attenuate the signal a lot.

I mentioned the controller didn't move an inch during these tests, and the MA2 was in exactly the same position in the microwave. for both tests.

The results are repeatable, not entirely scientific, I'll admit...but its about as close as we've got so far to anything conclusive.

It's safe to say the hacked DJI Fly app does enable FCC mode and it does generate more power.

When I get a chance I'll try the GPS spoofing method on iOS, and see what results that gives.
At least someone on Android can try this test and see if results vary like mine did.

I've just stolen your idea and I have promising results!!

Ive powered on my MA2, left it on the table in the garden to get gps, opened the stock DJI Fly app, and connected to MA2, and verified the MA2 is on CE mode, I left the controller on the table in the garden (note the controller doesn't move an inch through both of these tests), the I took the Mavic into my kitchen and placed it in the microwave oven (unplugged first of course), and closed the microwave oven door...went back to the garden table and the controller was showing two bars missing from the signal strength.

I took my MA2 back out in the garden, powered everything off, powered on the MA2 back on the garden table, powered on the controller, this time I used the hacked DJI Fly app, enabled FCC mode, verified it was in FCC mode via the dB line in the app, waited a few seconds for it to get GPS signal, when it did this I took the MA2 back into the kitchen, popped it in the microwave, closed the door, returned to the garden.
The controller was showing full signal.

The reason I used the microwave oven was because they have a very strong RF shield, otherwise we'd all be infertile ;)...and as such attenuate the signal a lot.

I mentioned the controller didn't move an inch during these tests, and the MA2 was in exactly the same position in the microwave. for both tests.

The results are repeatable, not entirely scientific, I'll admit...but its about as close as we've got so far to anything conclusive.

It's safe to say the hacked DJI Fly app does enable FCC mode and it does generate more power.

When I get a chance I'll try the GPS spoofing method on iOS, and see what results that gives.
At least someone on Android can try this test and see if results vary like mine did.
Hey, your data does not stand, its plagiarized...but haha thanks and great job. I am very happy that we have a lot of adventurous guys and girls here

• Haha
Reactions: gb160
Hey, your data does not stand, its plagiarized...but haha thanks and great job. I am very happy that we have a lot of adventurous guys and girls here
Well it would be useful if others could try the same test and post results.

Sorry I may have forgot to report:

I have a jailbroken iPad, so I tried out the hacked app, and I also compared this to the non-hacked iOS with the 'fake GPS approach'

I did a range test (not to max range, but about 2/3s of max range, when interference starts kicking in). The difference was stark. The hacked app is definitely running in FCC (as it went much further than either my android phone or standard iOS app did) all with full bars. Quite a big difference actually

Its not practical for me to fly with my large ipad though. So I will stick to me phone/CE for now. If a hacked Android app is released, I will get that. If not I might pick up an Ipad Mini 5, as I quite liked the extra screen real estate.

So in summary, I dont think the 'fake GPS' approach works (on iOS or Android). I do validate that the Chinese hacked iOS app seems to definitely work.

Reactions: Rekal007 and gb160
Sorry I may have forgot to report:

I have a jailbroken iPad, so I tried out the hacked app, and I also compared this to the non-hacked iOS with the 'fake GPS approach'

I did a range test (not to max range, but about 2/3s of max range, when interference starts kicking in). The difference was stark. The hacked app is definitely running in FCC (as it went much further than either my android phone or standard iOS app did) all with full bars. Quite a big difference actually

Its not practical for me to fly with my large ipad though. So I will stick to me phone/CE for now. If a hacked Android app is released, I will get that. If not I might pick up an Ipad Mini 5, as I quite liked the extra screen real estate.

So in summary, I dont think the 'fake GPS' approach works (on iOS or Android). I do validate that the Chinese hacked iOS app seems to definitely work.
Yep, that along with my microwave test is as conclusive as u can get!

OK So i can also confirm that the MOD dji app also works. I installed it onto my iphone with altsigner for windows PC so I didnt have to jailbreak the iphone. When out flying I checked the transmission at various times and each time the line stayed above the 90 mark. No issues starting or landing with the phone still coneccted to the remote like the hack I describe in my first post here.

It asks you when you launch the app if you want to enable FCC power and spoof location to USA. just say yes... or No if you dont want to and wish too use CE power, and fly.

NOTE: I never did another range test it was just to check power transmission levels repoerted in the app and if you can take off and land with the app still connected to the drone.
Also Note, the app will require resigning every 7 days. Not an issue as when I charge my phone for flying it will take about 2 minutes to resign the app.
i tested this, no jailbrake, you need to install itunes desktop (apparently not the same as itunes for windows from the app store) iTunes
then you install AltSigner https://cydiaimpactpro.com/
personally i would create a new apple id password (not a new account, but a specific password you can add for this application)
you can do this by creating it on your apple account page Apple ID (probably 2 way security he will ask for)

I have now tried to create a new password specifically for Altsigner, but it didn't work, why, i don't I know
so then log in with my normal master password

then you have to trust the app on the Ipad/Iphone (you can by adjusting in the settings)
if I try to start the mod app now it will open and close immediately...
hmmm. so it doesn't work for me.

@Zombie Todd , on which DJI FLY version and which IOS version did you get this working?
i have : mod filename: Mod DJI Fly 1.1.0 __ IOS : 13.4.1

Attachments

• Naamloos.png
    Naamloos.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 21
I tried the steps in page 1.

The 1km line always in -90 and 4km always in -100.

Does it mean no FCC?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pacodrone2024