DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

To save me reading 15 pages - sounds like the simple fake GPS android hack that worked for the MA1 doesn't work for the MA2?

Thanks. That's a shame. Think I'll stick with my MA1 with FCC rather than a MA2 with CE....
OcuSync 2.0 in CE will quite easily crap over WiFi FCC....
As Ice_2k puts it, CE mode with Occusync 2 is far better than FCC mode in MA1. See some HK based CE range tests on YouTube, and even EU based tests as well. In fact I can tell you from experience my MA1 with FCC levels are just about barely there.

Man...I've found the perfect place for a proper fcc range test but the wind is ridiculous in the UK...gonna be the same tomorrow as well.

Man...I've found the perfect place for a proper fcc range test but the wind is ridiculous in the UK...gonna be the same tomorrow as well.

Got mine on Wednesday and was waiting for the weekend to go flying but decided to go try it out on Thursday. Lucky I did! Forecasts for 30mph gusts in London today! Surpassing 40mph the further north you go.

Reactions: gb160
Got mine on Wednesday and was waiting for the weekend to go flying but decided to go try it out on Thursday. Lucky I did! Forecasts for 30mph gusts in London today! Surpassing 40mph the further north you go.
Im in Suffolk, walked the dog earlier and it was at least 30mph at ground level, god knows what it must be like higher up...at points it was literally like standing in a wind tunnel.
Earlier in the week the forecast said Sunday should be much calmer, now they're saying Sunday will be windy as well.

Im in Suffolk, walked the dog earlier and it was at least 30mph at ground level, god knows what it must be like higher up...at points it was literally like standing in a wind tunnel.
Earlier in the week the forecast said Sunday should be much calmer, now they're saying Sunday will be windy as well.

Ground level is just below 20mph for me down here. But it’s near enough 30mph at 200ft so it’s a definite no go today at least. I’ve just had a look and Sunday should calm down as evening winds down. Monday is supposed to be perfect for flying. Fingers crossed.

If you mean some huge open area on countryside I would say , you will run out of battery faster than you finish test;)

For CE you can easy reach away over 6km on 80m altitude.(going back and praying for enough battery.) therefore for such kind of tests it is really hard to compare both modes.
However I would expect sinignificant difference in favor FCC on very urbanized place where is a lot of obstructing wifi.

For CE you can easy reach away over 6km on 80m altitude.(going back and praying for enough battery.) therefore for such kind of tests it is really hard to compare both modes.
What makes you say you'd get over 6km in CE, when that is the max range?
What have u achieved in CE?

OcuSync 2.0 in CE will quite easily crap over WiFi FCC....

As Ice_2k puts it, CE mode with Occusync 2 is far better than FCC mode in MA1. See some HK based CE range tests on YouTube, and even EU based tests as well. In fact I can tell you from experience my MA1 with FCC levels are just about barely there.

Interesting, ok. Thanks.

I've had my air 1 in FCC 2.7km away in the middle of nowhere, which is far enough for me, but i was interested more in ability to cut through trees and interference than distance in the open.

In the suburban area I live in, I can only get around 700m away in FCC with my air 1. Would the air 2 in CE do better than that?

Thanks

What makes you say you'd get over 6km in CE, when that is the max range?
What have u achieved in CE?
I had something above 6km ,maybe 6.1km when I lost signal at 70m alt.I think I could go further at above 100m alt but having 58%battery I didnt decide to try it.

I had something above 6km ,maybe 6.1km when I lost signal at 70m alt.I think I could go further at above 100m alt but having 58%battery I didnt decide to try it.
Thats impressive, any video?

Interesting, ok. Thanks.

I've had my air 1 in FCC 2.7km away in the middle of nowhere, which is far enough for me, but i was interested more in ability to cut through trees and interference than distance in the open.

In the suburban area I live in, I can only get around 700m away in FCC with my air 1. Would the air 2 in CE do better than that?

Thanks
It will be better, but not sure what is your expectation here. Sometimes I get about 1km with my Air 1 in my area with plenty of houses and high rise around me and obstructions as well. With the air 2 maybe 1.5km. The important thing occusync is much more stable and will not break up so easily. In any case if you are happy with Air 1 Especially range I don’t see any reason to upgrade.

It will be better, but not sure what is your expectation here. Sometimes I get about 1km with my Air 1 in my area with plenty of houses and high rise around me and obstructions as well. With the air 2 maybe 1.5km. The important thing occusync is much more stable and will not break up so easily. In any case if you are happy with Air 1 Especially range I don’t see any reason to upgrade.

Thanks. I don't know what my expectation is really either. Most likely I will stick with my air 1 in FCC, but was just researching.

1.5 km over 1 km isn't too different... But yeah, a more stable connection would be good. What a shame we can't do the FCC hack like we can with the air 1.

Anyway, I hate the size of the air 2 compared to the 1.... And I don't like the look of the DJI Fly app either, so more reasons to stick with the 1...

Thanks

Thats impressive, any video?
unfortunately I dont have any records from screen.
today I found one place behind some trees and buildings and was able to reach about 700metres on CE mode and maybe about 1300m on FCC so as you see there are a lot of variables and conditions that may impact on your flight....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin