DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

Amazing, but haven't seen any RF numbers but results mostly based on a gut feeling.
I can make the same flight within same hour and have completely different numbers on my range due to a PLETHORA of reasons and factors that are influencing the actual range.

gut feeling and skewed numbers flight to flight are not the factors that should be considered as credible.
Well, in my case it makes a difference of 3000+ meters, so will stick to fcc ;-)

• Haha
Reactions: gb160
Amazing, but haven't seen any RF numbers but results mostly based on a gut feeling.
I can make the same flight within same hour and have completely different numbers on my range due to a PLETHORA of reasons and factors that are influencing the actual range.

gut feeling and skewed numbers flight to flight are not the factors that should be considered as credible.
Not sure why you ignore this RF number :

Again, by the way this will be my last reply on this, I know if you don't get the effect it's your right to complain but hopefully we can all be objective and don't throw some doubt without doing due diligence.

FCC mode doesn't work, the Geolocation hack is long time gone, why this whole conversation even continues.
You are all swallowing placebo thinking the FCC improves something, lol, it's not. It's not even triggered even if you think your screen shows it actually is.

Buy yourself a field emission detector and you will see yourself that FCC hack what so called is a 100% bollocks.
Same applies for mini same applies for mavic air 2.
I'm definately seeing a difference with the modded app, I'm not flying anywhere near 6-10km away, but rather its penetrating tree foliage much better than before. Personally just after a more stable signal, not sending the aircraft to the other side of the planet and back in a range test. Can watch Dustin Dunill on YouTube for that ??

Reactions: Linkestis and gb160
I'm definately seeing a difference with the modded app, I'm not flying anywhere near 6-10km away, but rather its penetrating tree foliage much better than before. Personally just after a more stable signal, not sending the aircraft to the other side of the planet and back in a range test. Can watch Dustin Dunill on YouTube for that ??
I like his vids, has he done a range test on MA2?

Could someone with an Android phone and CE country try something for me?

Indoors; Set fake gps to USA, connect to controller and turn controller and drone on. Confirm it is in FCC mode. Pause/exit the gps.

Take the drone outside, confirm CE is enabled after GPS lock.
Go inside, enable fake gps again, confirm it is FCC.

Try switching a couple of times between FCC indoors en CE outdoors. Let me know what happens.

Sidenote, switching to CE goes mostly instant. FCC can take 5 minutes!

I tried that the other day. Galaxy S10e, MA2, probably an EU version.

Indoors:
Code:
Closed all apps on the phone.
Enabled FakeGPS in the middle of nowhere US.
Powered on the controller and connected the controller to the phone.
Started the DJI app.
Started the drone.
In Transmission settings of the app verified that 5.8GHz and manual channel switching are available.
Shut off the stuff in arbitrary order.

Outdoors:
Code:
Closed all apps on the phone.
Enabled FakeGPS in the middle of nowhere US.
Powered on the controller.
Powered on the drone.
Waited for a few minutes (I think I've seen slow green "GPS acquired" blinks of the onboad LEDs, but can't be sure).
Took off with the drone (still without phone connected) by pulling the sticks down and inside.
Connected the phone.
Launched the DJI app.
Verified that I'm in CE mode (2.4GHz and only automatic channels available in Transmission settings).

On another outdoors occasion I didn't wait for the drone to acquire GPS before connecting the phone. Same steps as above, just the phone is connected/started sooner.

When I powered on the drone, I was able to observe FCC mode in the app settings until the drone acquired GPS. As soon as the drone acquired GPS the app switched to CE.

BTW somehow it identified my position on the map correctly (I think) - need to investigate again.

And, of course, I've repeated the Indoors step a few times, with the same outcome.

8km , mental.
I went 6.5km and bottled it because of my battery...kinda wish I pushed it a little further as I had over 20% when I got back.
thats enough for me, i talk big but my furthest must have been 5km, with my MP1, over water. Where I live there is no geography suitable for a safe, long range flight.

I like his vids, has he done a range test on MA2?
He did but wasnt really pushing it. You really got to wait for a day with 0 wind to pull off a max range test if you wanna get it back.

Yes, and spoiler : he went far

He still had 12% remaining as per video so I suspect he will try it again. Assuming weather and speed is constant, perhaps push it another 6% out and return 6% to land on 0% - thats a real nail biter ??

Few of the guys here pushed it to 11 (max it'll go)

you mean this one?

Absolutely pointless test.

First of all he is using manual channel modes and 5ghz. ( The auto system works the best as it interpolates the signals and constantly seeks for better & less cluttered channels.

Secondly, he is using indirect RF power meter on idle power. When drone is at idle state, either FCC or CE they both produce the same amount of DB. As the range increases and demand for better signal, the DB increases proportionally.
Pointless video really with no real world examples but his own theories simply.

I have tested my own Air 2 on CE range and I get around approx 3/4km easily until the signal starts to drop. Its hanging around one bar with a weak signal warning.

When I do FCC spoof on my Iphone, my Air 2 in the same location easily hits 3/4km with full signal bar and I can push further to 6KM with ease and still be on relatively full signal ( This is also my personal limit) This is just not possible on CE. I would be on signal loss and RTH already at that distance

In CE mode, no chance my Air 2 will hit 6km at my flying spot where I fly.

So yes, FCC hack totally works. Maybe try it yourself and see.

Absolutely pointless test.

First of all he is using manual channel modes and 5ghz. ( The auto system works the best as it interpolates the signals and constantly seeks for better & less cluttered channels.

Secondly, he is using indirect RF power meter on idle power. When drone is at idle state, either FCC or CE they both produce the same amount of DB. As the range increases and demand for better signal, the DB increases proportionally.
Pointless video really with no real world examples but his own theories simply.

I have tested my own Air 2 on CE range and I get around approx 3/4km easily until the signal starts to drop. Its hanging around one bar with a weak signal warning.

When I do FCC spoof on my Iphone, my Air 2 in the same location easily hits 3/4km with full signal bar and I can push further to 6KM with ease and still be on relatively full signal ( This is also my personal limit) This is just not possible on CE. I would be on signal loss and RTH already at that distance

In CE mode, no chance my Air 2 will hit 6km at my flying spot where I fly.

The stubbornness of a few on here makes me chuckle...even with signal strength tests and the mountain of anecdotal evidence.

Reactions: Linkestis

Hello, its clear that I need to buy an Apple product, you are using a modified app, or the Fake GPS app. Now I'm looking at Ipad Mini, because I don't to buy a phone. If I buy a Ipad Mini, which one should I buy, Gen 1 or 2? Thank you, I'm guessing android devices cannot be used with these drones. :)

Hello, its clear that I need to buy an Apple product, you are using a modified app, or the Fake GPS app. Now I'm looking at Ipad Mini, because I don't to buy a phone. If I buy a Ipad Mini, which one should I buy, Gen 1 or 2? Thank you, I'm guessing android devices cannot be used with these drones.
Some people are saying that even the mini 4 struggles with DJI Fly, so gen 1 & 2 are well out of the question imo.

i’m from holland, tried several times the fake gps indoors and outdoor followed instructions... but everytime it goes back on ce after hoovering and then connect, can someone help me? or is it better to get de mod app?

i’m from holland, tried several times the fake gps indoors and outdoor followed instructions... but everytime it goes back on ce after hoovering and then connect, can someone help me? or is it better to get de mod app?
Mod app, iOS only, the best method by far.

DJI Mavic Air Switching WiFi 2.4Ghz - 5Ghz and Custom Channels For Better Range

FCC makes a huge difference on Mavic Air - heres how to switch step by step

Switch to FCC mode in Europe, and fly miles instead of just 300 meters with P3SE

• Sad
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d