DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Battery Mod Thread

Justinswidebody

Reactions
Alright, here we go again! Show us your battery mods!!!! Tell us about your amazing flight times!

I haven't done any time testing yet but here is my first prototype and it works fine :)

IMG_20200512_215545.jpgreceived_2587424441522221.jpeg

Wow this was fast.

This guy already hacked the battery to 7000mah for a 50+min flight. I understand he is using original dji cells in 3s2p with re programmed battery management that recognizes the increased capacity.

Wow this was fast.

This guy already hacked the battery to 7000mah for a 50+min flight. I understand he is using original dji cells in 3s2p with re programmed battery management that recognizes the increased capacity.

Yes I am in contact with this guy. :)
He offers great batteries

Reactions: SnowyNote82
Question, do the logs contain any information about the weight the drone is carrying? I suppose they could intuit it from other sensor data, like how long you were flying. I'm not likely to do this to my drone anytime soon, but anyone have any issues getting warranty coverage after having done something like this?

Thanks for sharing,

I can see the benefit of having a longer battery life with MA2, great for professionals needing additional time to capture that rare shot or video feed.

11,000 meters, a stock Mavic Air 2 should meet this range and return safely without the battery mod under perfect conditions. It won’t surprise seeing this very soon, from those receiving the MA2 from first batch.

Happy flying everyone,
Paul

Reactions: TwoLiterSoda
I have his FB contact etc, just that I’ve been enquiring a little too much without purchase haha.

my guess is for a complete battery without sending in your own for a mod - $160 to $180

I think he wants more like $350....
Keep in mind a stock battery alone is $115...

I also think $350 is a little high. But people will pay it. Me? I'll just make my own.

• Wow
Reactions: antonebear

I also think $350 is a little high. But people will pay it. Me? I'll just make my own.
Oh my....$350 is really a high cost.......It must be due to part shortage or literally cannibalizing another fresh brand new Mavic Air 2 pack. In my country (Malaysia, which is right next to Singapore for [email protected]) we have another 2 privateer hackers that can do the same thing, up to Mavic 2, Inspires etc the prices are competitive. If I take a Mavic 2 pack with 11000+ 4s2p as a reference, its going for about around US$200++.

Oh my....$350 is really a high cost.......It must be due to part shortage or literally cannibalizing another fresh brand new Mavic Air 2 pack. In my country (Malaysia, which is right next to Singapore for [email protected]) we have another 2 privateer hackers that can do the same thing, up to Mavic 2, Inspires etc the prices are competitive. If I take a Mavic 2 pack with 11000+ 4s2p as a reference, its going for about around US$200++.

Yes I am in contact with those guys too.... Their work is top quality for those prices also.
I'm assuming you're talking about the guys that make these
54519447_332314774084021_1589418292164952064_o.jpgO1CN01aZRpno1fYHrspZrfB_!!82324018.jpg

Yes I am in contact with those guys too.... Their work is top quality for those prices also.
I'm assuming you're talking about the guys that make these
View attachment 101272View attachment 101273

Not really. Those with printed plastic housings are either based in Taiwan or China. My 2 guys make more like these...

IE usually just with shrinkwrap and tape over the cells. I think those you quoted are even better. I have a Mavic 1 Pro 7660mAh pack that I love and can fly up to 34mins with 10% or 3.55V landing.

Reactions: Justinswidebody

Appreciate you sharing, your contact got back with me with a list of prices for different type quads. This is great, but before I order is there anything I need to do to the Mavic Air 2 app or firmware wise so battery is accepted? Or is this a plug-in replacement Battery with no additional work to MA2?

Before I order, just need additional information. Thanks!
Pail

Reactions: Woodoo
Appreciate you sharing, your contact got back with me with a list of prices for different type quads. This is great, but before I order is there anything I need to do to the Mavic Air 2 app or firmware wise so battery is accepted? Or is this a plug-in replacement Battery with no additional work to MA2?

Before I order, just need additional information. Thanks!
Pail

It's a plug and play ready to go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78