DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Battery Mod Thread

Let us know how much he’s charging? And how warm are your motors with extra weight...!
I asked the guy - battery + shipping is 400$ (crazy!) and weighs 210g extra.
It has M2 Li-PO cells added to it, which was a turn off because those are quite unstable.

Amazing flight! Thanks for sharing, you had a ton of obstacles to battle through. Tall trees and buildings, I’m surprise it went the distance.

Amazing!
Paul

I was able to get the top cover off. It has a ribbon cable to the top switch.
The battery itself is in the bottom half. Is it just glues in or am I missing a screw? How did you get it out?

An tips appreciated.

Pete

It's double sided sticky tape on the bottom.... I actually cut out the bottom of battery shell and push it out...

You will also have problem with where the plug is... You need to slide a Razer blade in-between the plug and the shell so you can slide the battery out IMG_20200516_185005.jpg

It's double sided sticky tape on the bottom.... I actually cut out the bottom of battery shell and push it out...

You will also have problem with where the plug is... You need to slide a Razer blade in-between the plug and the shell so you can slide the battery out View attachment 101770
Might be easier to just cut the front out and push it down?..
Thanks for the reply. Appreciate your time.

Might be easier to just cut the front out and push it down?..
Thanks for the reply. Appreciate your time.

I didn't want it to be seen from the outside... Bottom seemed like the best solution... Also the razor blade trick isn't hard... You will see what I mean

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoTony