DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Battery Mod Thread

Looking at your flight time and remaining capacity I think even spark battery cells can do the trick to reach 11km don't you think so? Of course if we are talking about going round and round for absolute flight time then the more capacity the better

Absolutely I'm sure spark cells could probably do it.

Reactions: lee82gx
I have his FB contact etc, just that I’ve been enquiring a little too much without purchase haha.

my guess is for a complete battery without sending in your own for a mod - $160 to $180
He said to me that Mavic Air 2 Half cover version. 7350MAH HOVER 43mins 350 USD. Payment by PayPal invoice Shipping cost additional by DHL.

Oh my....$350 is really a high cost.......It must be due to part shortage or literally cannibalizing another fresh brand new Mavic Air 2 pack. In my country (Malaysia, which is right next to Singapore for [email protected]) we have another 2 privateer hackers that can do the same thing, up to Mavic 2, Inspires etc the prices are competitive. If I take a Mavic 2 pack with 11000+ 4s2p as a reference, its going for about around US$200++.
Can you guys explain how to mod the battery?
tks

Can you guys explain how to mod the battery?
tks
you need access to raw cells, and battery management software such as BQ toolkits (SW with key which need developer access or by paying for it) and battery chip communication hardware. HW: ev2300 and SW: bqEVSW of bqStudio.

You still need to unseal / unlock the firmware which requires license or something.

I have a question about the range limit of 11km.... Is that calculated as distance from the drone to the controller, RTH point, or takeoff point?

Asking because I'm considering a dual battery mod for a vehicle chase video I want to do, wherein I would be piloting the AC from the passenger seat of the vehicle. Would this have an 11km limit?

Thanks for the clarification everyone. And sweet mods!

Thanks... i did email him already... wasn't sure if by now something else even better has surfaced... appreciate your reply.
He's really slow to respond, and is more likely to ask delaying, clarifying questions than to send you an invoice, even after you have requested one! I've been communicating with him for two months, as he takes three weeks in between responsive replies, and still hasn't invoiced me, despite my request to do so over 4 weeks ago for $850 for two batteries! I'm now seriously reconsidering in light of an imminent Mavic 3 Pro with a 46 minute flight time for $1599, supposedly on November 15th, which is most likely when I might receive my batteries, if he invoiced me today!

Last edited:
Let’s see if we get better return with this. 197g payload. 3s2p 7000mah

Attachments

• 6D4A4BCA-D57B-479A-BCB3-4177214FD43A.jpeg
    6D4A4BCA-D57B-479A-BCB3-4177214FD43A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • 66106971-B1A5-41BE-B43E-6D644CC21D79.jpeg
    66106971-B1A5-41BE-B43E-6D644CC21D79.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
Just found this on Ebay if anyone is interested. Seems to be a bargain compared to oversea sellers' items.

Just found this on Ebay if anyone is interested. Seems to be a bargain compared to oversea sellers' items.
It's used. Makes one wonder why it is being resold!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji