DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

Sorry if it is already answered.
Is there an easy way/app to spoof GPS for iPad mini and then apply the hack?

Hmmm
previously I always worked with an android (inside) (fake gps) before the drone had GPS fix to enter FCC mode.

I think this method has stopped working since DJI fly app 1.1.4
Can someone test this?

Hmmm
previously I always worked with an android (inside) (fake gps) before the drone had GPS fix to enter FCC mode.

Can someone test this?
From what @Gleno0h has found, it's never worked properly on Android I don't think.
Im sure he'll confirm.

Reactions: Linkestis
Sorry if it is already answered.
Is there an easy way/app to spoof GPS for iPad mini and then apply the hack?
Just install the hacked app mate, it just works, you don't have to do a thing.

Hmmm

Can someone test this?
It switches dynamically based on a couple of things.

Is a fake gps used?
Simcard locale?
If all fails, ip location or drone gps. Cant figure it out exactly.

Android would be a long shot for me.
Think same as ios needs to be done, tapping into the code and modify some stuff.

Last edited:
Im still debating buying a Mavic Air 2. Would have to also buy an iphone 6 to get FCC.

If I don't intentionally update the drones firmware will this current hacked app solution always work? or can they force an update in the future which patches this exploit?

Im still debating buying a Mavic Air 2. Would have to also buy an iphone 6 to get FCC.

If I don't intentionally update the drones firmware will this current hacked app solution always work? or can they force an update in the future which patches this exploit?
It is worth it i.m.o.
There is a force update function present in current code.

However, for DJI to patch this method, they need to rewrite the code and firmware. Which i doubt they would do.

Even so, ive got another trick up my sleeve if they do it (4 actually :p)

From what @Gleno0h has found, it's never worked properly on Android I don't think.
Im sure he'll confirm.
yes, it has always worked, until you come out with the drone and he adjusts the home point.
so far I could put it inside on FCC with andriod phone and if I actually fly outside I started the engines and only then I connected the IPAD, went fine.
But I saw yesterday that I no longer get it on FCC mode with the Android despite the Fake GPS app.

Should be a bit careful with these older apple products, make sure someone has used them successfully with the MA2, as they might lack the horsepower to perform successfully....nothing to do with the hack, just DJI Fly with MA2 is a bit processor hungry.

I think @Gleno0h has an iPhone 6.

It is worth it i.m.o.
There is a force update function present in current code.

However, for DJI to patch this method, they need to rewrite the code and firmware. Which i doubt they would do.

Even so, ive got another trick up my sleeve if they do it (4 actually :p)
This is it, I don't think its in their interests to put a stop to it.
If they really wanted to they could just set the mode straight from the gps on the drone, regardless of what the app is telling it.

Reactions: Gleno0h
Should be a bit careful with these older apple products, make sure someone has used them successfully with the MA2, as they might lack the horsepower to perform successfully....nothing to do with the hack, just DJI Fly with MA2 is a bit processor hungry.

I think @Gleno0h has an iPhone 6.
Yep, 64gb

Reactions: gb160
Looking again in the direction of @Zombie Todd for a possible solution :).

I will try installing the latest app later and report back.
sometimes after signing the app I have had to close the windows program and rep open it and then just click install.
Think there might be a bug where signing and installing in one session gives an error on occasion.

Reactions: gb160
I had an iPhone 6S Plus and was doing a hyperlapse and I got an error message saying mobile CPU was fully loaded.
In the end I sold that and got a 7 Plus and not had any issues since. I do think the older iPads etc will have issues so best be safe and get a slightly newer model.

I had an iPhone 6S Plus and was doing a hyperlapse and I got an error message saying mobile CPU was fully loaded.
In the end I sold that and got a 7 Plus and not had any issues since. I do think the older iPads etc will have issues so best be safe and get a slightly newer model.
Turning off caching can help, otherwise its like having a screen recorder running all the time.

Another reason to jailbreak is you can disable a lot of the background daemons that are running to free up the processor a bit.

Reactions: Gleno0h
Just install the hacked app mate, it just works, you don't have to do a thing.
Thanks.
I wonder how the 3 updates - App, RC. Drone - will work then?
The App manually (from here) and the firmwares automatically?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_