DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

Looks like all the code for the 'tap to fly' feature that other DJI drones have is already there in the DJI Fly app.
Im 99% sure we can't enable it before DJI do, although i'm not sure it would be wise to even if possible.

There must be a reason it hasn't been enabled yet, and im not going to be the one who finds out the hard way lol.
Regardless its good the code is already in place, so it may well be a feature we see soon.

:) i bought ipad mini 4, so i'm coming to the dark side soon ... :)
Some people also saying that helps disabling air sense and caching.

I am in a worst situation with iPad min 2 / 32gb / 1gb / A7.
MA2 comes on 11 Jun and I still didn't decide what upgrade to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: gb160
I had an iPhone 6S Plus and was doing a hyperlapse and I got an error message saying mobile CPU was fully loaded.
In the end I sold that and got a 7 Plus and not had any issues since. I do think the older iPads etc will have issues so best be safe and get a slightly newer model.
Is your iPhone7+ 32GB or more? ( found a promo of 32GB).

Is your iPhone7+ 32GB or more? ( found a promo of 32GB).
I have iPhone 7+ 32GB and it works pretty well with DJI Fly...no complaints so far.

I really want a new tablet for flying, Android is out of the window so I’m holding out for a deal somewhere on an iPad with cellular, only deal atm I can find is for the 2018 iPad, not sure what to do tbh.

I have iPhone 7+ 32GB and it works pretty well with DJI Fly...no complaints so far.

I really want a new tablet for flying, Android is out of the window so I’m holding out for a deal somewhere on an iPad with cellular, only deal atm I can find is for the 2018 iPad, not sure what to do tbh.
Thanks, good to know.
I have 2 tablets (iPad mini 2 , nVidia K1) using them only for flying displays. Rest of time stay closed.
Now I dicided to go on something more multipurpose.

Has anyone used an iPad 2018 model? Interested to know how it performs with MA2/DJI Fly.
They've got them (cellular) for £299 atm and I'm tempted...10 inch screen is sweet while flying.

Has anyone used an iPad 2018 model? Interested to know how it performs with MA2/DJI Fly.
They've got them (cellular) for £299 atm and I'm tempted...10 inch screen is sweet while flying.
I've been messing around with 2017 Ipad 5th Gen. It works well. Don't expect problems on the 2018. I even made a neck loop with zip ties on the extension thingy.

• Haha
I've been messing around with 2017 Ipad 5th Gen. It works well. Don't expect problems on the 2018. I even made a neck loop with zip ties on the extension thingy.
Cheers buddy, what's also tempting is that 2018/19 one is the last one with the chip that can always be jailbroken, no matter what iOS version you use.

Last edited:
Reactions: lee82gx
Here's the hacking vid from OomJor. It's in Bahasa Indonesia but has english sub-titles.

I've got one of these but honestly prefer mini 5, 10'' form factor is just to awkward for MA2 ...it was pretty ok with MA due to mobile mount but with MA2 remotes center of gravity is off way too much (as for me :) )

I installed the new 1.13 which was done by two of our resident coders (thanks guy's) on a jailbroken iPad 9.7 last night. I've also flew with the older hacked ipa on my iPhone 11 Pro max and an old iPad mini with no issues. I used xcode to install on the 11 but it's annoying having to resign every week. Looking forward to flying tonight with 1.13 on the iPad.

I installed the new 1.13 which was done by two of our resident coders (thanks guy's) on a jailbroken iPad 9.7 last night. I've also flew with the older hacked ipa on my iPhone 11 Pro max and an old iPad mini with no issues. I used xcode to install on the 11 but it's annoying having to resign every week. Looking forward to flying tonight with 1.13 on the iPad.
You're probably aware but on the jailbroken device the modded app won't need resigning (depending on how you installed it).

Reactions: Coastersteve
You're probably aware but on the jailbroken device the modded app won't need resigning (depending on how you installed it).
Yeh, that's one of the reasons I did it. Didn't really want to jailbreak my 11 Pro max because I use it for contactless payments etc and don't want to risk it.

Yeh, that's one of the reasons I did it. Didn't really want to jailbreak my 11 Pro max because I use it for contactless payments etc and don't want to risk it.
I can understand the concern but I use apple pay all the time on my i7 that's jailbroken.
My banking app won't work which is a bit of a nuisance but I can live without it.

Reactions: Coastersteve
That’s basically the same method we used to start the thread with. I’m sure that’s been patched now according to all the posts on here.
It's a combination (for the no Mod App method).
- He uses android just for the initial/once only hack as described here.
- Then he flies using a clean/untouched iPhone following the take-off and landing procedures as discribed here as well.

Is it confirned that this method - no Mod App - still works in iOS with the latest dji software/firmware?

It's a combination (for the no Mod App method).
- He uses android just for the initial/once only hack as described here.
- Then he flies using a clean/untouched iPhone following the take-off and landing procedures as discribed here as well.

Is it confirned that this method - no Mod App - still works in iOS with the latest dji software/firmware?
Im not sure.
Also im not sure why anyone would bother with this method on iOS?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB