DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

How do I get permission to view this topic?

To make the switch:

1. Fakegps on the phone with a location in the US (for this there are plenty of tutorials, if you have Android it's easier, if you have iOS it's a little more complicated)
2. DJI Fly on and connected to the phone
3. Start the drone
4. !!! Be careful that the drone does not have a GPS signal. Either do it inside the house, or cover it with aluminum foil or something. If both the remote control (from the phone) and the drone have a GPS signal, the location given by the drone prevails.
5. At the time of connection, the application will tell you that it has reset the radio for the area you are in
6. Turn off drone, turn off controller, disable fakegps, KILL app

This is the state in which the drone will remain. Now the problem is how do you keep it from going back to the CE area. For this, 2 things must be kept in mind:
1. The "change" command is given by the application! If the application is not connected, it does not know what kind of area it is in.
2. For obvious safety reasons, it will never reset the radio when it is in flight. So, *never* have the engines off and the application on. Otherwise, it will be reset to CE mode and the fakegps must be reset. So for me the takeoff / landing looks like this:

Take-off:
1. Phone connected to RC and ready but keep the phone turned off, no application turned on (if you have Android it might start the application alone so do not connect it at all)
2. Start the drone
3. Wait for a few seconds until the green LEDs flash
4. Use the sticks combo to start the engines (no need to take off, just start spinning the propellers slowly on the ground)
5. From this moment, the status of the drone is "in flight" so you can easily start the application and it will not reset the radio.

Landing:
1. Bring the drone close to the ground
2. Kill application, phone lock
3. Land
Hi, i have to say that i tried all the steps multiple times inside a cupboard with absolutely no gps location for the drone. Fake GPS was set to florida but when i entered the app there was no change in transmission. I tried again but each time no result. I have had the mavic air and pro and never had an issue changing from CE to FCC but on this new app i am clueless. Using an android. Someone please help

Hi, i have to say that i tried all the steps multiple times inside a cupboard with absolutely no gps location for the drone. Fake GPS was set to florida but when i entered the app there was no change in transmission. I tried again but each time no result. I have had the mavic air and pro and never had an issue changing from CE to FCC but on this new app i am clueless. Using an android. Someone please help
Mate the early pages of this thread have got outdated information, firmware and app updates have made it very tricky on Android.

If you are android user , sadly you cannot put your drone in fcc anymore , u must have an ios device

OK guys, Android FCC Hack on latest 01.00.0250 is now possible.

Here is the catch:
You need a hacked Fly APP on IOS device hahahahaha ???.....how the tables have turned. Basically if you're IOS Fly App is hacked and running at FCC mode, you can then switch over to an Android device and fly in FCC mode. Just unplug your IOS device and reconnect with Android device before take off.

I know. Its lame, and sounds completely counter intuitive but if you desire it at least there is a way now. here is the proof:

OK guys, Android FCC Hack on latest 01.00.0250 is now possible.

Here is the catch:
You need a hacked Fly APP on IOS device hahahahaha ???.....how the tables have turned. Basically if you're IOS Fly App is hacked and running at FCC mode, you can then switch over to an Android device and fly in FCC mode. Just unplug your IOS device and reconnect with Android device before take off.

I know. Its lame, and sounds completely counter intuitive but if you desire it at least there is a way now. here is the proof:

kinda pointless lol
just fly on iOS :D :D :D

Reactions: gb160
kinda pointless lol
just fly on iOS :D :D :D
For me I can still see possibly a good way, is that we can run the hacked fly app on an older, weaker Iphone 6, and then if you still have a bigger, more powerful Android device it can then be switched over. I mean here in Asia, a powerful Android device maybe cost way less than USD500 (if you already have it, its free) or a big screen android for only USD100-150, and a used Iphone 6 costs only USD120. All in cheaper than flying Ipad Mini 5 (if you don't already have it) or an Iphone with a bigger screen both of which can easily cost you 500-1000 bucks, when you don't even want it in the first place.

Reactions: crosswired
For me I can still see possibly a good way, is that we can run the hacked fly app on an older, weaker Iphone 6, and then if you still have a bigger, more powerful Android device it can then be switched over. I mean here in Asia, a powerful Android device maybe cost way less than USD500 (if you already have it, its free) or a big screen android for only USD100-150, and a used Iphone 6 costs only USD120. All in cheaper than flying Ipad Mini 5 (if you don't already have it) or an Iphone with a bigger screen both of which can easily cost you 500-1000 bucks, when you don't even want it in the first place.
kinda valid point but load of hassle fiddling with cables etc. :)

Yesterday I followed the process and I believe it worked. I was surprised when at the start a message appeared in the DJI Fly saying : Airsense is ready to be activated. There were two options : “Enable now” or “Not now”. I tapped the Enable now option. The next step is to check if it works when an aircraft is flying around me. Has anybody any feedback about this?

Ok so newbie at all this so be kind to me ,,,, i have just got the mavic air 2 in the uk and i too have found the range very erratic and not consistent (disappointing) i have only just realised we in the uk have a lesser power /range drone than our US friends.i have just bought a ipad mini 5th gen to compliment the drone i also have a samsung s9+ phone ,my question is which will allow me to enable the FCC mode the best in the long run,also maybe a daft question but the ipad mini has no gps so what about the fake gps app ??if this is not a good choice to use i will take it back and swap for something more suitable .i dont really want to be jailbreaking the new £400 ipad either .i would rather get a cheap android tablet if thats a better option.

Hi Guys, I was browsing through all the comments here and skip some, I just got my MA2 CE version, but when I check as this is showing as default on Android phone, does it mean I'm on FCC?myFCC.jpg

You are right. Follow the 1km level in Android not the horizontal line. You are in FCC mode. Congratulations. By the way what location are you in?
I'm from Manila Philippines and got CE model, and I'm not using any fake GPS I just wonder how it was on FCC when it was CE model? Just now I installed the fakeGPS and do the same steps, and still I got the same graph.

There is no such thing as FCC model or CE model hardware difference. If you are in CE mode its purely due to the SW / Flyapp or firmware being set to enable FCC levels in Philippines.

As to why that is so, I'm sure you are not interested. But my advice to you is to keep it that way by not going to dji forum and raising some concern, and another advice is avoid updating your flysafe database, just in case the controlling factor is in that.

Here in Malaysia, all CE or CN ("FCC") units have the same display as you, in FCC levels.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesseLaw