DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dronerdave

Reactions
Sympathies to the UK folks on the opposite side of the pond for the passing of Queen Elizabeth. I actually had the royal motorcade with the Queen and Prince Phillip drive by my crew while we were building a power transmission line in the middle of nowhere here in California. The motorcade was returning from a trip to Yosemite. Seeing the Queen and Prince waving at us was a special event for our crew of 5. I'll never forget that day in the early 80's. I have since flown my drone from the same spot.

That day in the early 80's Queen.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Elizabeth Rest In Peace

It’s a deeply sad day for all in the UK, those who moved overseas during the time of her reign and those of the Commonwealth for who she was head of state.

She was a remarkable women who selflessly dedicated her life to the nation.

A very hard act to follow.

Thank you Ma’am.

as one of those UK folks ,i would like to thank you all for your thoughts and words ,on the loss of HRH Queen Elizabeth ,it is indeed a sad time ,for not only the UK but for many around the world

Everyone knows we must all die at somepoint but so suddenly was quite a shock.
It took about 3 days to really sink in for me.
I think that applied to a lot of people.
Three things that stood out for me, the number of non 'Christians' paying their respects, Davic Beckham queuing for the lying in state.
Inviting the VC's and GC's to Westminster Abbey, I don't know if that is protocol but it was, in my book, very respectful.

RIP

Everyone knows we must all die at somepoint but so suddenly was quite a shock.
It took about 3 days to really sink in for me.
I think that applied to a lot of people.
Three things that stood out for me, the number of non 'Christians' paying their respects, Davic Beckham queuing for the lying in state.
Inviting the VC's and GC's to Westminster Abbey, I don't know if that is protocol but it was, in my book, very respectful.

RIP
Curious to know why it matters if people are Christian or not? Surely we can all pay our respects regardless? The Queen represented all peoples of our nation and the commonwealth.

Because I, personally, am concerned about entering a building dedicated to another faith, in that I am concerned that it might be seen as or considered as disrespectful to that faith.
I have been in a Synagogue once and only once, but that was by invitation of a Jew and from memory that was for a social event, not a religious one.
I wouldn't set foot in inside a Mosque etc. unless invited.
I was once invited to take bread or whatever the wafer is, in an Anglican Church but refused because I do not believe that is the Christ's body or blood or what ever it symbolises. It would have been hypocritical of me to accept it just to 'fit in'.
Ditto a R.C. chapel unless invited.
I am not 'complaining' that non Christians did pay their respects, it was heart warming that they did, but I am still surprised that so many did so.

Last edited:
before this thread becomes a religious debate about different Faiths
i feel it would be better to close it now

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada