DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK Government Drone Consultation 2018: Use, restrictions and enforcement.

Well I did write to them, and they wrote back in under 10 minutes, so in the interests of fairness, here is the first part of what the BMFA said...

Apparently they did try 'extremely hard' to get UAVs included in that exemption, but apparently the CAA were utterly immovable on that, based on 'European Research Papers', which showed UAVs were a much greater threat to aircraft than fixed wing models etc. They have also referred my letter on to their CEO, who is away at the moment, but can apparently answer my questions in more detail on his return. That's better info and service than I was expecting to be honest ! I'll update this if I get a further response from them.
That's great that you got a response so quickly. I'm getting mightily ticked off with the CAA. They need to use that perspective I was on about before.... How can fixed wing model aircraft have a better safety record? As already reported in this thread, someone has died because of a model fixed wing aircraft. I might be wrong, but as far as I'm aware, no-one has ever been killed by a drone, not just in the UK but anywhere on planet earth! In the 10 odd years that drones have been around, there must've been millions and millions of drone flights. If every person that owned a drone worldwide flew it just once a week, then that'd be millions of drone flights every single week! Fixed wing model aircraft on the other hand, will have minuscule airtime per week in comparison. And yet they are crashing with frightening regularity and there's been a death! I don't get it, have IQ's suddenly dropped in the CAA? Don't they understand that number of flights V's accidents/fatalities, it's actually fixed wing model aircraft that are more dangerous? WTF!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60