DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK Registration

ERC

Reactions
I am looking to register my M2Pro, if I was to register this as a organisation, could I still fly it recreationally (without insurance, PfCO etc...) until July? I want to use it recreationally until July and then look to do commercial work from then with the A2 CofC and liability insurance.

I am looking to register my M2Pro, if I was to register this as a organisation, could I still fly it recreationally (without insurance, PfCO etc...) until July? I want to use it recreationally until July and then look to do commercial work from then with the A2 CofC and liability insurance.
go on the CAA website ,it tells you everything you need to know, you should not be flying without operator ID if you own a drone, or flyer id if you intend to fly it

As I understand it, the registration is the same for recreation and commercial.

You get an operators number.

The commercial work needs the CofC and insurance etc. but your registration number will not change.

go on the CAA website ,it tells you everything you need to know, you should not be flying without operator ID if you own a drone, or flyer id if you intend to fly it

I understand it needs to be registered, but it gives the option of individual/organisation and when I receive the drone, I want to use it individually at the beginning and then through the organisation so just unsure on if I can still fly it recreationally when registered to the business.

I want to use it individually at the beginning and then through the organisation so just unsure on if I can still fly it recreationally when registered to the business.

Of course you can.

Not sure what you think may be stopping you?

What's the difference between recreational flying and a commercially qualified and insured pilot, flying his drone for testing and training?

Of course you can.

Not sure what you think may be stopping you?

What's the difference between recreational flying and a commercially qualified and insured pilot, flying his drone for testing and training?

Thanks. Nothing really, just want to make sure I've got all avenues covered and that you are not always deemed as doing commercial work, but makes complete sense.

I understand it needs to be registered, but it gives the option of individual/organisation and when I receive the drone, I want to use it individually at the beginning and then through the organisation so just unsure on if I can still fly it recreationally when registered to the business.
what organisation are you referring too

what organisation are you referring too

My company, so basically I am going to try and do commercial work from July when the laws change (and I can get the permissions), but for now I just want to learn to use it and fly as a hobby.

My company, so basically I am going to try and do commercial work from July when the laws change (and I can get the permissions), but for now I just want to learn to use it and fly as a hobby.
so at this time you are still an individual, so that is what you need to register as at the moment

As others have noted, you need to be registered one way or another if you want to fly legally.

AFAICT, there's no reason why a pilot registered to an organization can't fly one of that organizations drones recreationally - e.g. without insurance and PfCO - as long at they have permission to do so, so as long as you stick within the bounds of the Drone Code and don't do any commercial work until you have the PfCO in place then you should be OK to just register as an organization up front.

If the commercial registration requires you enter your PfCO/insurance details though, then I think you'll need to pay the £9 to register as an individual now, then re-register and pay another £9 as a commercial operator once you're in a position to do so. Either way, you as a pilot will need to pass the free competency test and get your Flyer ID. The CAA should be able to confirm which organizational registration you want though, or may be able to transfer your license around on request though, so it might be worth emailing them for a bit of guidance if paying the extra £9 bothers you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine