DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to activate Mavic Air

Blaze8

Reactions
I got the Mavic Air yesterday and this morning tried to activate it using the DJI Go4 app. I have been unable to successfully activate it yet. The last screen on the activation process where you confirm your account doesn’t work once I click Activate. The box turns from blue to gray and nothing happens. I repeated the activation process after no luck the first time and still the same thing. Any suggestions, I will gladly take!

Try using your computer....get the desktop app from DJI’s website, then connect your drone.

Do you mean activate it with DJI assistant 2 on the computer? I tried looking on there for a activation button and didn’t find one. Tried again several times on the app and doesn’t work.

Grrr
Hope you figure this out. We’d love to hear about its real life max distance, real life flight time, and video latency or loss at what distance.

Did you try uninstalling the app and installing it again, or powering off your phone and turning it on again after app update?

Most had the same issue with the Mavic Pro when they first received them last year. DJI servers were overwhelmed by registering and activation for days.
It wouldn’t surprise me if this is the case again.
Just keep trying and you will get thru it soon enough.;)

Reactions: sitka_rn and 4wd
Yes, I uninstalled the app and installed again and no luck. Also restarted phone and also tried using iPad to activate it.

Please do a range test, I think everyone wants to know :)
I hope the OP takes his time and has no (hurry and let’s find out syndrome).
It may not be good results.:eek:
Good Luck Blaze!Thumbswayup

Reactions: Blaze8
Had to wait until daylight to test it. So just did 2 flights and the farthest I got was about 1,400 feet away before I started to lose connection. However, it was more around a city like environment so lots of WiFi interference most likely.
The bad news is that at the end of the second flight I noticed that the gray steel at the back of the drone on the left side makes a cracking noise when touched. Where the steel meets the black body below it. The right side is fine currently. Not sure if it is the beginning of a stress crack or something.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 104
For the suggestion on DJI assistance 2, just note that the date of the app is still 2017-12-29.
It appears to me that the desktop app has not been updated yet for the Mavic Air. (If that is even necessary, I don't know)
The video from DJI that shows the new firmware update to the Mavic Air being done from the Go 4 app.

[Edit]
Oops. I made a mistake on that.
On the Mavic Air's FAQ's, there's a question on update failures. It recommends then using the Assistant 2. Hmm. :

5.What factors could lead to an update failure?

a. Low-battery level. Make sure the battery level is higher than 50%.
b. Powering off the Mavic Air or the remote controller during the update. If this happens, please restart the Mavic Air and the remote controller and begin the update again.
c. Internet disconnection when downloading firmware.
d. If update failure persists, or the remote controller does not link with the aircraft, there may be firmware inconsistencies between devices. In this case, use DJI Assistant 2 on your computer to update your aircraft and the remote controller to the latest versions separately.

Last edited:
Had to wait until daylight to test it. So just did 2 flights and the farthest I got was about 1,400 feet away before I started to lose connection. However, it was more around a city like environment so lots of WiFi interference most likely.
The bad news is that at the end of the second flight I noticed that the gray steel at the back of the drone on the left side makes a cracking noise when touched. Where the steel meets the black body below it. The right side is fine currently. Not sure if it is the beginning of a stress crack or something.
What kind of range would a Mavic Pro get in the same environment?

Sounds like the steel piece you speak of may be some sort of plastic¿

Hey Blaze glad you were able to activate you Air , I activated mine yesterday as well , but everything went smooth , quick question though , have you upgraded to the newest firmware , and is your taillight led blinking when flying ? Thanks in advance

Reactions: Blaze8
Hey Blaze glad you were able to activate you Air , I activated mine yesterday as well , but everything went smooth , quick question though , have you upgraded to the newest firmware , and is your taillight led blinking when flying ? Thanks in advance
Yes, I am on the latest firmware for the Mavic Air. I don’t remember if the taillight led was blinking or not while flying but I’ll check tomorrow afternoon when I fly it again.

What kind of range would a Mavic Pro get in the same environment?

Sounds like the steel piece you speak of may be some sort of plastic¿
I haven’t had any range problems with the Mavic Pro for as long as I remember in that environment.
Yes, the “steel part” could be plastic.

Reactions: dari_017
Yes, I am on the latest firmware for the Mavic Air. I don’t remember if the taillight led was blinking or not while flying but I’ll check tomorrow afternoon when I fly it again.

Awesome thanks a bunch , I’ll be waiting.

I haven’t had any range problems with the Mavic Pro for as long as I remember in that environment.
Yes, the “steel part” could be plastic.
Hey Blaze DJI just released a new version of the assistant 2 version 1.2.2 compatible with the air, after doing a firmware refresh with it my taillight is working properly again.

Hey Blaze DJI just released a new version of the assistant 2 version 1.2.2 compatible with the air, after doing a firmware refresh with it my taillight is working properly again.
That’s great the taillight of your Mavic Air is working again! I checked mine and it also has the taillights working during flight.

Reactions: dari_017

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RYNOGOD