DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to manually takeoff

Hack43

Reactions
I have a Mavic 2 Pro which can no longer manually launch after the last firmware upgrade. The auto launch (slide to launch) must be used. Everything else is normal. Is this a new firmware "fix" or a new standard.? There are some situations where I would rather manually takeoff!

What firmware version and app version are you using?
I believe my M2 to be on the latest firmware but I am probably using an older version of the app and I have no such problems.

What firmware version and app version are you using?
I believe my M2 to be on the latest firmware but I am probably using an older version of the app and I have no such problems.
01.00.0770 for the aircraft, 01.01.0064 for the smart controller. I don't understand this, it used to takeoff with manual input. I sent the the RC in to DJI to advise, and they just sent it back saying it was working within specs. Yes, it was, but not for manual takeoff. Am I somehow restricted or is there a setting I can change?

Ah that is good, I am pretty sure it is 0770 on my drone, have you done a test flight?

I think I found the problem. There was a small piece of something (?) I hadn't noticed in the throttle gimbal before. It prevented me from moving the gimbal all the way in to initiate manual takeoff!! My bad, I'm not usually this stupid!
I am.I lack a firm grasp of the obvious.?

I have a Mavic 2 Pro which can no longer manually launch after the last firmware upgrade. The auto launch (slide to launch) must be used. Everything else is normal. Is this a new firmware "fix" or a new standard.? There are some situations where I would rather manually takeoff!
I read that you solved the problem but for information, one time, I changed the flight controls direction on joystick (so as to act as an airplane joystick up and down). When the flight controls were personalised, I couldn't take off manually

mation, one time, I changed the flight controls direction on joystick
If you mean changing the joystick mode that is a very good point, but once flying the alternate joystck mode would become apparent
I have been caught out by that before, when attempting to fly someone elses drone. I couldn't take off, I almost exclusively use manual take off and at the time I did not even know there was an automated take off), the owner then mentioned the other mode lol.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure