DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to Separate the Two Goggle Sections

DroneTone

Reactions
Just received my goggles and I'm having trouble being able to separate the two pieces, goggles and headband.
Initially when I clicked the headband piece into the goggles, I didn't push it in quite far enough and there wasn't an electrical connection between the two units.
When I realized this and pushed the two halves together a bit more, (gently), I heard a satisfying click.
From then on the goggles functioned fine while using them with the Mavic.

However, after finishing and wanting to pack up the goggles I found I could not seem to separate the goggles and headband no matter what I did.
I've tried pushing and sliding the white button ontop the goggles in every direction and pushing and pulling on the headband piece and goggles piece,
all to no avail... The online manual(s) are of little help.
Basically, I don't want to force something and break it.

Can someone tell me, (in painful detail), the exact way the two pieces should separate and what the procedure is?
I know it should be very simple, I just need to know how it is supposed to work and if I can help it along in the right direction.
Is there a way to slip a knife or something between the two pieces to release whatever locking mechanism is holding them together?

Thanks.

Just received my goggles and I'm having trouble being able to separate the two pieces, goggles and headband.
Initially when I clicked the headband piece into the goggles, I didn't push it in quite far enough and there wasn't an electrical connection between the two units.
When I realized this and pushed the two halves together a bit more, (gently), I heard a satisfying click.
From then on the goggles functioned fine while using them with the Mavic.

However, after finishing and wanting to pack up the goggles I found I could not seem to separate the goggles and headband no matter what I did.
I've tried pushing and sliding the white button ontop the goggles in every direction and pushing and pulling on the headband piece and goggles piece,
all to no avail... The online manual(s) are of little help.
Basically, I don't want to force something and break it.

Can someone tell me, (in painful detail), the exact way the two pieces should separate and what the procedure is?
I know it should be very simple, I just need to know how it is supposed to work and if I can help it along in the right direction.
Is there a way to slip a knife or something between the two pieces to release whatever locking mechanism is holding them together?

Thanks.

You will not hear a click when pressing the white button to separate the two pieces.

I thought my button was broken because I wasn't hearing a click when trying to release them.

To separate, press the white button and pull firmly and the two pieces come apart eventually.

Mine are really tight. I have to pull quite hard to separate them. The best way I found was to press the button then then wiggle them from side to side. They the tend to come apart. I do agree though they are quite tight

Reactions: PacketRacket
Thanks for the replies...
I was able to separate the two pieces finally.
Just knowing that I had to pull a little harder than I was expecting worked out.
Just hold the white button down and pull out the two pieces apart,
(but with a little more force than I would usually use for a $450 piece of electronic equipment).

Reactions: PacketRacket
I was having the same problem. I could not get the headband separated from the goggles. I also found the best way to release the headband was by pushing the white button in and wiggling the headband gently back and forth as I pulled the headband out.

I would not (and will not) regularly separate the halves to avoid wear on the connector.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada