DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unbinding a Air 2S

What controller is the NC1? If a smart type controller was that controller logged into the original owner's account? If so can you not unbind the drone etc. using that controller and their login?
No it came with the N1. (iPad for the Fly App) It shows me only a portion of the original owners email. ****[email protected]

Unfortunately it sounds like you are screwed in this situation. You may save a little money buying from the third party market but you potentially run into problems like this. I read all over the boards situations like this. Hence the reason that I decided to buy brand new from DJI. And for my Phantom 4 Pro from Best Buy. My Mavic Mini I purchased off the Facebook Marketplace but you don't have to worry about binding. Any new drones that I buy will be brand new or reconditioned from the manufacturer because of binding issues.

Reactions: kenjancef
The alternative level of binding seems to be available to anyone with an applicable drone.
I bound a Mini 2 to my DJI account, I saw no option to bind a controller to the drone.
This level of binding did nothing to my drone, I could use any applicable controller and anybody's control app to fly the drone without restriction.
I believe this is in error.

You must log in to your DJI account on Fly or any of the 3rd party apps, and this is when binding/ownership is checked. The only way to fly unrestricted would be to log in to the bound account.

I couldn't follow all that. Call me stupid.

To simplify, are you claiming you can fly these drones without restriction on any compatible app without logging in to a DJI account?

Not only that but, when the binding did nothing, I recollect I, using my logged in app, unbound the drones from my app,
Just to be clear, drones are bound to a DJI account, not an app (Fly, Litchi, etc.).

I am not claiming anything.

Okay you're stating things.

If i need to split hairs, you'll be the first person I'll look for 🤣

I am stating that I bound those drones to my App/account

Once again, DJI drones are not bound to Fly, or any other app. They are bound to an account.

The app logs in to the account.

and that, when they were so bound, I could fly those drones, without restriction, whilst using the anyone else's DJI Fly App on their phone.
With those other DJI FLY Apps being logged into via the phone owners' login detail.
I.e. the behaviour was just as if there were no binding in place.

Actually the behavior if no binding were in place would be limited distance and altitude, and a limited number of flights.

However, you have found what looks like an unintended behavior, that is a drone bound to one account will fly just fine when the app is logged in to another account. That maybe shouldn't happen. Need to think about it.

I had a reply here but I don't think it's worth bothering to debate with you so I have deleted what was here.
It seems pointing out there is little distinction between the words, "claiming" and "stating" riled your ire.

Lighten up, fella. This is an internet forum, not a trial.

It seems pointing out there is little distinction between the words, "claiming" and "stating" riled your ire.
Not in the slightest I just think it's pointless debating with you. That's my last response to you in this thread at least.
I have deleted the others and you are now on my ignore list so don't waste your time asking questions of me I will not see them.

Last edited:
Well after 2 months of begging DJI to unbind the Air 2S. They ignore me now. Will not respond to emails or placed on hold over the phone when I call. Basically CS Phone support is lacking. Online support is just as bad, same script no matter what you type.

I just purchased a new unbound Air 2S and will keep the old one for parts in case of ****, whatever,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13