DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unbinding a Air 2S

Art Cox

Reactions
Hey all,
I just bought an Air 2S from a 3rd party. Seller states: "Does show aircraft binded to account. does not affect the drone flying". My question is: Can I get this Air 2S linked to my DJI Account and How?

Thanks,
Art

From my knowledge the OG owner or dji are only ones can unbind from accounts. It also will affect flight. You have 3 flights before you have a costly paperweight
Is there a way to find the Orig. Owner?

My experience would suggest there are two levels of binding.
One is associated with the original owner having bought and set up Flyaway insurance.
Fully implemented it binds the drone to the original owner's DJI account and the controller to the drone.
If these are the bindings in place then they can ground the drone if you are using your own DJI account and prevent you, long-term, using the controller with another drone and or another controller with the drone.
The original owner's DJI account is the only account that can undo these bindings and all they have to do is connect the logged in App to the internet and undo the bindings in the App, they DO NOT need the equipment in their hands. I.e. they can do it remotely
I presume DJI can undo these bindings if they get their hands on the equipment but whether or not they can undo them remotely I do not know.

The alternative level of binding seems to be available to anyone with an applicable drone.
I bound a Mini 2 to my DJI account, I saw no option to bind a controller to the drone.
This level of binding did nothing to my drone, I could use any applicable controller and anybody's control app to fly the drone without restriction.

Wouldn't the original owner be the one selling it?
Not sure about that. Seller says he's not. From the look of the sellers site. He bought what appears as a "Amazon Return Pallet" and this was one of the several DJI products along with other stuff, that was in his advert. I couldn't pass on a DJI Air 2s w/Fly More package for $550.

Unless you can get original owner to unbind it from his account, so you can bind to your account. As.far as Dji goes who ever the drone is bound to is the owner. I don't know what your refund opinion is, but that is one thought. Sorry for your misfortune.
Best of luck.
Oman

Last edited:
Open a case with DJI. With the serial number, they can contact the original owner and ask that person to remove it from the account. Care Refresh is connected to the serial number of the craft. The craft has to be bound to the controller to be in force. This is separate from the activation.

Open a case with DJI. With the serial number, they can contact the original owner and ask that person to remove it from the account. Care Refresh is connected to the serial number of the craft. The craft has to be bound to the controller to be in force. This is separate from the activation.
Working on that now. I would like to use my DJI RC that came with my Mini 3 Pro with the Air 2s

Unless its stolen and he's either unaware or the thief and just wants to unload stolen property
Here's the conversation with the seller:

ME: Ryan, Do you know who the Original Owner of this Air 2s was? If I can get them to unbind it from their DJI Account that would be great.

Seller: I don’t

Me: ****, if DJI can't unbind it, I'm going to have a $600 paperweight. It says arriving Friday by UPS, keeping my fingers crossed that DJI can resolve this.

Seller: Binded only affects registration / repairs if need dji to do physical repair. Does not affect using

Me: Ummm, No.. you get about 4-5 flights in and if not bound to your DJI Fly account DJI shuts it down.

Seller: This one does not do the limited flights one at the moment, I’ve seen that on one awhile back but this one i flew at my house for testing and also took it out to a friends house and never got that message or limit to anything.

Reactions: kenjancef
Here's the conversation with the seller:

ME: Ryan, Do you know who the Original Owner of this Air 2s was? If I can get them to unbind it from their DJI Account that would be great.

Seller: I don’t

Me: ****, if DJI can't unbind it, I'm going to have a $600 paperweight. It says arriving Friday by UPS, keeping my fingers crossed that DJI can resolve this.

Seller: Binded only affects registration / repairs if need dji to do physical repair. Does not affect using

Me: Ummm, No.. you get about 4-5 flights in and if not bound to your DJI Fly account DJI shuts it down.

Seller: This one does not do the limited flights one at the moment, I’ve seen that on one awhile back but this one i flew at my house for testing and also took it out to a friends house and never got that message or limit to anything.
Did you read post number 6?
Especially the bit that begins "The alternative level of binding see.....".]
They could be correct!

So the test and the flight at his friend's house probably used 2 out of the 3-4 flights you can get before it stops. I really do hope it all works out...

Reactions: Mavikhan
So the test and the flight at his friend's house probably used 2 out of the 3-4 flights you can get before it stops. I really do hope it all works out...
As soon as I receive it, I am going to contact DJI Customer Support and see what can be done.
Hopefully they can determine who's account it's bound to and unbind it.

I am probably wasting my replying but ..................... it appears that the only person or logged-in-app that can undo these bindings is the binding owner and or the app-logged-into-the-binding-account.

Hey all,
I just bought an Air 2S from a 3rd party. Seller states: "Does show aircraft binded to account. does not affect the drone flying". My question is: Can I get this Air 2S linked to my DJI Account and How?

Thanks,
Art
***UPDATE**
I got the Air 2S today. Flew it and got no Error or Warning messages with the NC1 Controller, When I linked to my DJI RC I did receive the warning that I could only fly 5 times without Binding to RC Pro.

Last edited:
Another Update: Talked to DJI Customer Support today. They have Emailed the First Owner to unbind the Air 2S from their account. If they don't respond to DJI's request, I'm screwed. DJI will not unbind it.

I got the Air 2S today. Flew it and got no Error or Warning messages with the NC1 Controller, When I linked to my DJI RC I did receive the warning that I could only fly 5 times without Binding to RC Pro.
What controller is the NC1? If a smart type controller was that controller logged into the original owner's account? If so can you not unbind the drone etc. using that controller and their login?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_