DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

uncontrollable M2Z = don't do this

Today it did some of the same things and a few new ones - in a BIG field.
It seems like it has to do with the home point being set. I have never had an issue with that till recently.
If I take off, then land 20ft away, it refuses to take off again. When I tried it said it was updating or calibrating the IMU - Please wait. But it never finished. Another time I picked it up and carried it back to the original home point it takes off.
Another time I tried it and it could not take off. I reset the home point and away it went.
A couple times it was flying and I tried an RTH. It asked me if I wanted to land now. NO, NO! it was hundreds of yards away.

I need to find some repeatable scenarios to make sense of this.
It should reset the home point automatically when it lands w/o turning off. That’s how I got my M2P up the side of a 2000’ mountain.

It seems like it has to do with the home point being set. I have never had an issue with that till recently.
If I take off, then land 20ft away, it refuses to take off again. When I tried it said it was updating or calibrating the IMU - Please wait. But it never finished. Another time I picked it up and carried it back to the original home point it takes off.
Another time I tried it and it could not take off. I reset the home point and away it went.
A couple times it was flying and I tried an RTH. It asked me if I wanted to land now. NO, NO! it was hundreds of yards away.

There is a paragraph of RTH in the manual. Any clue there?

Are you with the drone when you reset the home position?
No, at about 700-800’ and above me. Simply land, but don’t turn it off and then when I TO again after 15-20 seconds or so the drone responds as if I just started it up and sets a new Home Point... then fly it home manually.

No, at about 700-800’ and above me. Simply land, but don’t turn it off and then when I TO again after 15-20 seconds or so the drone responds as if I just started it up and sets a new Home Point... then fly it home manually.
I thought home position is set by your screen device.

Something these drones behaves abnormally. I was playing with the active track function of my M2P and surprised to find that the elevator and aileron controls became swapped. ie, when I moved the elevator stick, the drone moved sideways. When the aileron stick was moved, the drone moved back and forth. The problem went away after I power reset it.
I guess you used the spot mode, or free mode, don't know how it's called right now.
And then, that's absolutely normal.

When you hit RTH and it said it would land, were you engaging RTH from the screen or the button on the RC? For the former, you could have mistakenly hit the land icon rather than the RTH icon.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
What indication does the RC give if you activate RTH but no home point was established?

I don't think you'll have that option. Actually, you will have been in ATTI or VPS since launch if you don't have HP, since home point is set automatically on acquiring GPS or takeoff with GPS lock.

IOW if you don't have HP, you also don't have GPS.

Now if you acquire GPS mid-flight, HP will be where the AC is at time of lock. That might not be where you want or expect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
googleplazadorn